Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [help] no TTS in iphone 4

transcode is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Question [help] no TTS in iphone 4

Hi,

I am able to install Tomtom south east asia 1.9, 1.8 and Malay&Singa 1.8, to my iphone 4 (ios5.0.1) and run all of them successfully. However, no text-to speech for all of them and I cannot find anywhere to enable TTS. Anyone have idea how to make the TTS work in iphone 4 & IOS 5.0.1? Thanks.

nest0r is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: [help] no TTS in iphone 4

Which language do you need?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nest0r View Post
    Which language do you need?
    English is ok for me. Thanks.

nest0r is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

try it with this voice, is the TTS for TomTom Iphone
    I can not prove it, I do not have an Iphone

http://www.filesonic.com/file/AQoJ2UE
    regards

Thanks

I tried it - no TTS still after I put the vocalizerTTS folder under app folder. Also, I do see in the 1.8 version there is a vocalizerTTS folder, and the TTS no work either. Any one can help? Thanks.

Grasshopper2Ant is offline Private
    Thanks

Have not tried V1.8. Confirm V1.9 works with TTS. May be easier to upgrade and gain updated map/poi.

AndyVas is offline Corporal
    Thanks

After adding TTS files to install folder You must reset TomTom to defaults in configuration option menu. (you will lost all your setup and favorites after this reset!!!) This was true for 1.8 and 1.9 version of TomTom. If you want English TTS you must select also English as main language as default in iPhone configuration. The language of your iphone must be the same as TTS voice language you want to use, if not - you will not see this TTS voice in configuration options.
    If you do not want to reset TomTom and lost your favorites you must build a new ipa with f.e. TomTom generator and your map and add TTS files to this new ipa and than reinstall TomTom. Or edit your ipa you have and add TTS files and reinstall. If you reinstall the same ipa but with TTS files you do not lost your favorites but have working TTS after reinstall (the same as reset but without lost your POI)
    I may send you link to my working TTS folder from TomTom 1.8 or 1.9 if you need but I think you must check your system iPhone language and try to reset TomTom first.

Thanks

Yes, you are right, the only problem for my iphone even with the fresh TT install with TTS files but no show of TTS choice is the system language, as I used non-English interface. After I changed to English, I do see TTS choice. Such a requirement by TT is very weird.

Thanks for point this out.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyVas View Post
    After adding TTS files to install folder You must reset TomTom to defaults in configuration option menu. (you will lost all your setup and favorites after this reset!!!) This was true for 1.8 and 1.9 version of TomTom. If you want English TTS you must select also English as main language as default in iPhone configuration. The language of your iphone must be the same as TTS voice language you want to use, if not - you will not see this TTS voice in configuration options.
    If you do not want to reset TomTom and lost your favorites you must build a new ipa with f.e. TomTom generator and your map and add TTS files to this new ipa and than reinstall TomTom. Or edit your ipa you have and add TTS files and reinstall. If you reinstall the same ipa but with TTS files you do not lost your favorites but have working TTS after reinstall (the same as reset but without lost your POI)
    I may send you link to my working TTS folder from TomTom 1.8 or 1.9 if you need but I think you must check your system iPhone language and try to reset TomTom first.

Thanks

Nobody really knows what the new iPhone will have. Apple hasn't released any specs on updates nor when new version will be released. My personal opinion is they will change size of the hard drive and might add those features such as ichat.

With the current version you can chat with people on MSN, Yahoo, Yabber. Simply go to Meebo.com with your iPhone.

I'm sure the old iPhone will have the same features available via an software update. If you are looking to buy one I would suggest getting a unlocked version.

a good iPhone need a good iphone 4 cases + iphone 4 stand + iphone batteries to perfect

moarfish is offline Private
    Thanks

I have recently download the 1.10 Hong Kong Version. However, there is no TTS voices included.
    I've tried to import back the 1.9 version to it but it do not work.

Here is what I have Done:
    Unzip 1.9 version and extract the VocalizerTTS folder.
    Rename the 1.10 version from ipa to zip
    Extract the HongKong.app file with Stuffit.
    Put the VocalizerTTS Folder inside HongKong.app
    Put the modified HongKong.app back to the ipa file by Stuffit.
    Import to iTunes and Sync with iPhone.

I got TomTom running normally but still no TTS.
    I have tried to reset TomTom and my iPhone Language is already set to English. Still not working.

Any Help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast