• 1 Post By NavigatorN
  • 1 Post By xtcrefugee
  • 1 Post By xtcrefugee

Thread: tomtom speedcams on andriod

dino89 is offline Private
    Thanks

tomtom speedcams on andriod

Hi
    is there any way to get the tomtom speed cams working on tomtom android with central and Western Europe v1.0 for android if so hows it done thanks for any input
    Last edited by dino89; 25th October 2012 at 17:23.
    FRANCOIS_31 likes this.

Thanks

Re: tomtom speedcams on andriod

won't work yet so use the SCDB with audio files.
    FRANCOIS_31 likes this.

dino89 is offline Private
    Thanks

thanks for the reply i worked out that must mean speed camera data base but not sure what or how that works could you explian a bit more i iwll search it as well
    i found this for the iphone on another forum but looks like this is the way it could be done similar on android TomTom premium official speed cameras - iPhone guide

Thanks

Presumably, this is just a case of finding out the unique device id so that a dct can be generated? Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything obvious in the files I looked at.

But as the same map+dct seems to be running on all Android devices, I guess TomTom for Android only has a single id, rather than one for every device? Seems an odd move for TomTom (practically invites piracy) if so.
    Kozmas likes this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NavigatorN View Post
    won't work yet so use the SCDB with audio files.
    hi i got the scdb speeedcam on my andriod to work but were do i get audio files from or how do i make them

Thanks

OK, thanks to this forum, I found the device ID: TomTom per Android 1.1 arrivato

It's in classes.dex, which is inside the .apk. Just search through classes.dex until you find a 10 digit code starting with AK followed by a number, i.e. the device ID for UK & Ireland (version 1) is AK6ZS8JHQW. I don't know if this changes for newer versions of the app, but it's definitely different for the various regions.

Unfortunately, I hit a wall after that. I used the old easyusetools for WinCE/WM to generate a .dct for the premium safety cameras with that ID and put this and the .ov2 into the map directory on my Android device, but nothing has changed. I still get no options to enable/configure the cameras. Either easyusetools is not generating the correct .dct for Android, or TomTom have changed something due to the subscription model for cameras and that's not the way it works any more

Quote Originally Posted by coz1780 View Post
    hi i got the scdb speeedcam on my andriod to work but were do i get audio files from or how do i make them
    That's the whole reason everyone wants the TomTom cams working instead of the SCDB ones - you can't have alerts for POI's on the Android version of TomTom.
    Kozmas likes this.