GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Sound Problem TomTom 7.910 on WinCE 5.0

Oktay is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Sound Problem TomTom 7.910 on WinCE 5.0

I have a double din chinese unit, which happily runs IGO8.

I managed to find an pre-installed 7.91 navigator, and have got the unit working with the 865 maps.

Only problem is the direction announcements are all wrong, the unit starts to announce some like "after 200 yards turn left" which would be followed shortly afterward with "turn left". But instead it says "After" then no sound, then at the end of the road you get the "turn left".

It seems the unit is playing the "after" word/sound file then not completing the sentence.

Anyone know what is up with it ?

sparks9898 is offline Master Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Sound Problem TomTom 7.910 on WinCE 5.0

probably running out of memory, go into settings (dont ask me where) and try find system usage, trying a map without all the bells and whistles might help, check how many pio's and speedcameras you have enabled because that can eat up memory.

Oktay is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

I did it. Buth it does not work. Even wehen i turn off al POI's and use an older map. Europe 850.xxx

By the way: TomTOm tells me there is 30MB ram free. I think its not a memory problem.

Somebody who knows how i can solve this problem?

Thanks

Hi. I can't help you with the sound bit but I was wondering if you could help me. I'm trying to get the 865 maps to work on my Dynavin Chinese double DIN head unit but seem to be having trouble with the meta files. Can you share the content of your with me or PM me and I will send you my email address. Also, where did you find the 850 series maps. I searched everywhere but all the links are a year old and dead.
    Thanks
    Des

sparks9898 is offline Master Sergeant
    Thanks

just download a new map and a new meta patch as normal

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oktay View Post
    I have a double din chinese unit, which happily runs IGO8.

I managed to find an pre-installed 7.91 navigator, and have got the unit working with the 865 maps.

Only problem is the direction announcements are all wrong, the unit starts to announce some like "after 200 yards turn left" which would be followed shortly afterward with "turn left". But instead it says "After" then no sound, then at the end of the road you get the "turn left".

It seems the unit is playing the "after" word/sound file then not completing the sentence.

Anyone know what is up with it ?
    Hi,

I have TomTom working in a Dynavin unit, you can fix the audio problem with a file called TomTom Audio Fix.exe. the file is inside a cab installer called TomTom Audio Fix v1.11.cab; it ca be downloaded from the forum in XDA developers. The only "issue" with this solution (at least in my case) is it plays a silent file in the background so the main unit believes that the GPS is giving instructions so the music is muted.

I have been trying to find another solution but no luck so far.

Regards,

LinkBacks (?)

1. 4th July 2011, 21:44
  2. Wince
    Refback This thread
    15th May 2011, 20:32
  3. 13th May 2011, 23:58