Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New v900 Maps Discussion

  1. #11
    josmed54 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    Re: New v900 Maps Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorman View Post
    Agree...the same with New Zealand maps 895...after a long long wait i got one 9from this forum) for just one of the three. I know TomTom have now made it harder to get them but still it's a long wait and such a shame after the previous years
    We here just have to wait, anyway really maps do not change much every 3 months, roads might but TTom maps do not. I have shared roads and streets in Portugal and when Iberia comes out the road and streets do not show up in the new maps.

  2. #12
    catman's Avatar
    catman is offline Lance Corporal
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New v900 Maps Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Teuchter View Post
    As an alternative you could learn to use Torrents - it's not difficult!
    I am using torrents but just can't find the maps

  3. #13
    josmed54 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    Re: New v900 Maps Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I am using torrents but just can't find the maps
    Patients, slowly the maps are showing up like the METAS

  4. #14
    Fannel is offline Private
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New v900 Maps Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ambroseg1 View Post
    my impression of the 900 series maps is the same as my impressions of the 895 series maps. Nothing. No meta code was ever made available for the africa maps and I suspect the same will happen the 900n series.
    Not many people buy africa maps hence metas more difficult to get. Besides TomTom africa maps are totally worthless. My Africa 875 map shows a ferry that was already replaced with a bridge over 30 yeras ago! Tomtom routing tries to avoid the fake Ferry and ends up increasing distance travelled by almost 200 Miles making a 4 hour journey become 8 hours! If you are not an indigen and relied on TomTom yo'll be screwed up severely, just my opinion about tomtom Africa maps. Over 30 years lag time is gross especially since googlemap shows a bridge and no ferry and many more recent roads. My opinion is not to use TomTom Africa map for routing in sub saharan africa. I would still love to have the meta though just to keep track of when the ferry is finally updated.
    Note that my complaint is not just about the faulty ferry information but many missing roads that are over 10 years old.

  5. #15
    josmed54 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    Re: New v900 Maps Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    do we need to buy a premium account as I can't download any maps as a free user ?
    You can use as a free user but it is slow going

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New v900 Maps Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by P33dro View Post
    uploaded.net Coupon code
    Here is a two-day Premium coupon code. To the person who has time to redeem it first... good luck, send info if you are lucky


    My 900 map collection

    Code:
    ____________________________________________
    
    Code:    YXWUxxxE
    Product: 48 hours premium membership
    ____________________________________________
    
            uploaded.net - Redeem Coupon YXWUxxxE
    ____________________________________________
    
    
    The Coupon code is valid for 12 days and may be redeemmed by
    any free-user at uploaded.net - Redeem Coupon.
    USED...

    hey, The Europe Map 900.4222 don't working on TomTom 7 WinCE, why i have activated, i have tried with an older maps 885.4010, its working perfec. can you please tell me why its not working.

  7. #17
    Billjo is offline Lance Corporal
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New v900 Maps Discussion

    Hi All,

    Anyone else have activation problems with australia 900_4600 maps?

    I've tried the latest fastactivate and also albert 5.10
    TomTom says invalid activation code.

    I'm using WINCE 5.0.

    Thanks.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New v900 Maps Discussion

    Is there a meta available for the USA_and_Canada_900_4610 that I just downloaded? I had a quick look and canny see anything.

  9. #19
    josmed54 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    Re: New v900 Maps Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by jabroni View Post
    Is there a meta available for the USA_and_Canada_900_4610 that I just downloaded? I had a quick look and canny see anything.
    No meta available yet, just have to wait for it

  10. #20
    josmed54 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    Re: New v900 Maps Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fannel View Post
    Not many people buy africa maps hence metas more difficult to get. Besides TomTom africa maps are totally worthless. My Africa 875 map shows a ferry that was already replaced with a bridge over 30 yeras ago! Tomtom routing tries to avoid the fake Ferry and ends up increasing distance travelled by almost 200 Miles making a 4 hour journey become 8 hours! If you are not an indigen and relied on TomTom yo'll be screwed up severely, just my opinion about tomtom Africa maps. Over 30 years lag time is gross especially since googlemap shows a bridge and no ferry and many more recent roads. My opinion is not to use TomTom Africa map for routing in sub saharan africa. I would still love to have the meta though just to keep track of when the ferry is finally updated.
    Note that my complaint is not just about the faulty ferry information but many missing roads that are over 10 years old.
    If I went to Africa and used this map not knowing about this it would be an extra 4 hours for nothing. As I said before RTom has lots of work to do in their maps and making 4 updates a year is not doing that at all or it is not even beneficial.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •