GO 1000 Series
GO LIVE 800 Series
GO 7100 TRUCK
GO 7150 TRUCK
GO 9150 TRUCK
Start 20 Series
Blue & Me TomTom 2 LIVE
Related topic:- http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...t-cracked.html
Last edited by lemonfish; 24th February 2012 at 23:01. Reason: edited link for Related topic
It's strange that MS claimed TT for using their FS FAT and FAT32, and didn't claim Garmin, who still use fat,fat32 on it's devices with internal memory...
It's strange, like i told, Garmin too use fat and fat32 MS's patents... Another strange thing, some people here wrote that MS claimed TT, even they solved their conflict by purchasing license for fat32 by TT on march 2009, i think this didn't happen by pressure of MS, it's another thing, probably they made better protection on Linux fs, and know they go in public with stories like "MS claimed TT", just maybe...
Microsoft v. TomTom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TomTom fights Microsoft FAT32 lawsuit with suit of its own
Microsoft suit over FAT patents could open OSS Pandora's Box
The Microsoft Update: TomTom caves, will pay Microsoft license fees; may force more open source patents
TomTom Case is Closed, But the Fight Over FAT Can Hurt Microsoft | Techrights
bigger that's sure fact, but i don't like when i read here on forum info by lemon, something like "reason of changing FS on tt devices partition is that MS claims TT for using their FS", cause it's clear that TT solved problem by MS about using their FS, probably TT decided to use linux fs to make harder posibility of cracking newer nc !
I'll stop here with this discussion...
Something very interesting is comming :
the new tomtom 1015 available only in germany has a microSD card slot.
Meaning this is probably the best way to start hacking maps on v10 devices.
Actually this new 1015 is v11 with the new live services (tripadvisor and so on).
Time to get interested in those devices again !
that SD slot must be for new cards, i can't imagine anything else
but the way it is stored is still a mistery
i could take some time ... but it's better than nothing !
Here are the things holding the cracking\release of cracked Navcores 10+ back at the moment:
- Navcore 8-9 is still doing the job quite adequately for most users right now and with good condition devices running the older system still plentiful on the market cheap there is no high priority to do it.
- Most hackers capable of doing this are simply not as interested in such a "niche" single function device when there are much more interesting and challenging things to work on like Smartphones and Tablets which actually can do the same function with the correct Apps
- Theres too many free to join forums such as this around with too many n00bs who just want stuff for free and whinge when they can't get it immediately with no respect for how long it takes and difficult\expensive it can be to crack things
- Usually the people that actually crack things like this are not the ones credited for cracking it, which either drives the real crackers further underground the next time or not want to do it.....or in the event that the person that does actually crack it appears in public forums like this to help, they end up in some argument/shitfight with some script kiddie n00b who thinks they are an expert and can tell everybody what to do and how they should do it. What happened to this TTuser from last time anyway? Where are they now?
- Not enough people know how to code in assembly language anymore. That language is File System Independent.....
- Too many people who consider themselves computer "experts" are really only "Windows OS and Fornat C: specialists"
Last edited by farq11; 30th November 2011 at 11:36. Reason: Added more reasons
Today i recieved a new navcore on my 7150 pro TRUCK. Version is 10.531. With this new navcore came the option to choose hazardous goods in the menu.