GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Need help modifying a Navcore (problem with RDS-TMC)

Thanks

Need help modifying a Navcore (problem with RDS-TMC)

I have a GO 710 with the RDS-TMC antenna. On navcore 9.026 I receive traffic updates, although I do not have a subscription (USA requires subscription). On ANY OTHER navcore, the navcore will disable the RDS-TMC when it knows there is no subscription, but for whatever reason 9.026 will just pop up random errors then work.

I want to:

(1) Enable RDS-TMC on 9.101
    (2) Disable ANY screen that requires the user to only hit OK/Continue, such as the RDS-TMC one
    (3) Disable the first screen that pops up when you cold boot the unit.
    (4) if at all possible, fix the bug that prevents the GO 710 from resuming instead of cold booting when I start my car with it already plugged in

Any time I have to click OK I am annoyed!!! I am happy to answer whether or not I need to take a ferry or pay a toll. But seriously, the other screens are useless.

I would love to mess with the code and compile myself if I knew how. Any pointers? All help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Need help modifying a Navcore (problem with RDS-TMC)

I also have Navcore 9.026 and RDS-TMC works after saying Subscription required. Click OK. Then Traffic info pops-up.
    I tried upgrading to Navcore 9.101 but RDS-TMC will fail after Subscription required. Press OK.
    So I'm back to 9.026 and waiting.

I also live in North America where a subscription is needed.
    Homer666

bmwdriver+ is offline First Sergeant
    Thanks

Please try:
    Best NavCore for Go x10, Go x20 and Go x30
    and let me know whether this works for you.
    Go 730 + Best NavCore for Go x30, One 2nd edition + Urban Rider NC or Latest NC

teddystacker is offline Private
    Thanks

As far as I know the only Navcore that works (TMC traaffic) with a EXPIRED subscription is v 9.026 that was patched by TT User a while ago.I have tried others higher than that version and all have failed (they disconnect the traffic bar).Its a shame none of the higher Navcores work , but I guess we have to be grateful at least one Navcore works well with TMC Traffic , a feature that works so well with my G630.
    Last edited by teddystacker; 22nd May 2011 at 15:05.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teddystacker View Post
    As far as I know the only Navcore that works (TMC traaffic) with a EXPIRED subscription is v 9.026 that was patched by TT User a while ago.I have tried others higher than that version and all have failed (they disconnect the traffic bar).Its a shame none of the higher Navcores work , but I guess we have to be grateful at least one Navcore works well with TMC Traffic , a feature that works so well with my G630.

Where do we find the 9.026 navcore?

(Do all 9.026 navcores work with expired RDS-TMS antennas or is it just the one that's patched by TT User?)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to globalgps For This Useful Post:

7. 16th December 2015, 01:14