Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bootloader 5.5136 for all ONE models only

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,372 Times in 304 Posts

Bootloader 5.5136 for all ONE models only

Here is the bootloader 5.5136 which is suitable for all ONE models. It might or might not be suitable for other models, but is not recommended unless it has been tested by others beforehand. File attached below.

VERY IMPORTANT: If your device does not have internal memory, then you must use an SD card 2GB or under BEFORE upgrading your bootloader. Otherwise your SDHC card (4GB+) will not be able to be detected by your device.

WARNING: Only use this bootloader if your current bootloader is below version 5.5015. If it is higher than 5.5015, then there is absolutely no need to touch your bootloader!

The only reason why you would need to upgrade your bootloader is to be able to use SDHC cards 4GB+

To upgrade the bootloader on your ONE model, extract then simply copy the system file into the device. It must be fully charged before powering it on. Then wait until it starts completely. Don't interrupt your device while it is powering on.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lemonfish; 24th May 2013 at 01:09.
    Binao and Danieliyo like this.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

jungle is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Bootloader 5.5136 for all ONE models only

Is it the best bootlaoder for the one V3? Or another one?
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jungle View Post
    Is it the best bootlaoder for the one V3? Or another one?
    Thanks
    There really is no "best" bootloader - just a working, reliable bootloader, which is all you really need. Another one commonly used in upgraded ONE models is 5.5128
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

jungle is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

OK
    thanks u

Thanks

Do I just overwrite the 'system' file at the root of the device and reboot?

My old One XL is currently running;
    BootLoaderVersion=53026

I tried to copy the entire contents of the TomTom to the computer as a backup before following one of the tutorials but it's copying extremely slowly - copied about 10mb in over two hours :-/ I'm hoping it will increase the speed, as I have read somewhere it can. I forget where.

So, it's just a quick case of copying it over?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sasquach View Post
    Do I just overwrite the 'system' file at the root of the device and reboot?

My old One XL is currently running;
    BootLoaderVersion=53026

I tried to copy the entire contents of the TomTom to the computer as a backup before following one of the tutorials but it's copying extremely slowly - copied about 10mb in over two hours :-/ I'm hoping it will increase the speed, as I have read somewhere it can. I forget where.

So, it's just a quick case of copying it over?
    Yes, simply copy paste the system file into the root of the device or card and overwrite.

Use a card reader for faster data transfer.

VERY IMPORTANT: If your device does not have internal memory, then you must use an SD card 2GB or under BEFORE upgrading your bootloader. Otherwise your SDHC card (4GB+) will not be able to be detected by your device.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lemonfish View Post
    Yes, simply copy paste the system file into the root of the device or card and overwrite.

Use a card reader for faster data transfer.

Thanks, I'd read about the 2GB issue but I don't have a small SD card at the moment so would be using internal flash. I actually managed to try it on an older machine, a Win2003 server box and it backed up the files in about 7 minutes, so it looks like it's something to do with Win7/x64 specifically. With that working, I installed TomTom HOME as per one of the tutorials, updated as needed, copied on a UK map and patched. I went out to test and everything is good.

Many thanks to the fine people of this site. This has revived my ancient TomTom!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sasquach For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well done on getting it all working and thanks for getting back to us. Enjoy!
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ

Thanks

Work fine on my Tomtom One
    thanks

Linkyyy is offline Private
    Thanks

Are there any benefits upgrading the bootloader, on a ONE model that desn't support SD cards anyway?
    Better performance, better touchscreen, etc.?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast