GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Updating Navcore 8.041 bootloader 1.0100

Thanks

Updating Navcore 8.041 bootloader 1.0100

Like most newbie's I will preface this with a "I apologize if this has been asked, but I couldn't find the answer" statement.

I have not updated my TomTom One since I got it for maps. I have done some reading and can't figure out if this is possible to update or not. I read Heijx response in which this was said..."If your navcore is 8.041, with bootloader 1.0100, you are out of luck, this navcore is all that it will take." This was in reference to support of IQ and ALG.

Now does that mean that I cannot update at all, or I can. I might be reading too much into it, but I got the sense that I am stuck with this.

Thanks

Re: Updating Navcore 8.041 bootloader 1.0100

Sorry, wrong language. My previous message was "850_2820 doesn't work even with the patched PNDNavigator (Bootloader 1.0100). I'll now try the 850_2782".

Didn't try it, though, since I need a western & central Europe or western Europe map and couldn't find one with this version.

Instead, I tried Western Europe 1GB 855.2931 (968 MB) in a ONE V3 with the Navcore and bootloader indicated. This works just fine! Unfortunately, the Western and Central Europe 2GB 855.2931 (2.03 GB) which I would have preferred is simply too large for the internal-only memory.

Thanks

Is there no way to add to your own posting in this forum? Writing a new message every time is a pain.

At any rate, it's possible to install _both_ the Western Europe and Central _and_ Eastern Europe 855.2931 maps in the ONE V3 with Bootloader 1.0100 and 2 GB internal memory. Both work fine and are current as of this writing. The two maps take up around 1.7 GB of space, smaller than the Western and Central Europe 2GB map alone. The 2 GB internal memory, without a card slot, is more limiting than the Bootloader problem.

Vocah is offline Private
    Thanks

The link is dead. Dear Yuriyggg is it possible that you re-upload it ?

I wasted my full day trying to get this to work and then finally looked at the bootloader ... zzzz

Thanks

Hi, 870.3417 maps are ok on this unusual TT One, I just updated a friend's device. Just patch Pndnavigator with yDG tool and activate the map.
    No ALG, no IQ but it works

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    The link is dead. Dear Yuriyggg is it possible that you re-upload it ?

I wasted my full day trying to get this to work and then finally looked at the bootloader ... zzzz
    Thanks a lot It works just fine!

Thanks

The link didnt work for me but I found it someplace, else this got me stuck for a while. Would anyone be able to let me know how I would then install additional maps? do I just copy them on and they are ready to go or do they need to use an activator etc?

LinkBacks (?)