GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the Tom tom One capable of ?

Thanks

What is the Tom tom One capable of ?

Hi,
    I have a Tom Tom One with original Navcore 8.014 and 32mb ram
    I have installed the UK and ROI map 855_2931 along with a few voices all patched and working OK.

I would like to see if My One will do ALG (lane guidance) and IQ (intelligent routing)
    I have a couple of questions :

1 . Is the Tom Tom One(ONE (30 Series) / 125 / 130 - 1GB ) capable of running a different Navcore which would allow me to use the UK and Ireland map 855_2884 for ALG and IQ?

2. According to a chart in this forum the lowest Navcore verison capable of running map 855.2884 is navcore 8.2x. Should I use this version or is there a more suitable navcore for my One which will allow me to use map 855.2884

Thanks in Advance
    V

philduc89 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: What is the Tom tom One capable of ?

prendre le navcore 8.417, sur les one fonctionne nikel.

Hazzing is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vurt View Post
    Hi,
    I have a Tom Tom One with original Navcore 8.014 and 32mb ram
    I have installed the UK and ROI map 855_2931 along with a few voices all patched and working OK.

I would like to see if My One will do ALG (lane guidance) and IQ (intelligent routing)
    I have a couple of questions :

1 . Is the Tom Tom One(ONE (30 Series) / 125 / 130 - 1GB ) capable of running a different Navcore which would allow me to use the UK and Ireland map 855_2884 for ALG and IQ?

2. According to a chart in this forum the lowest Navcore verison capable of running map 855.2884 is navcore 8.2x. Should I use this version or is there a more suitable navcore for my One which will allow me to use map 855.2884

Thanks in Advance
    V
    If I was to do, what you're thinking of, I would do a full backup of my TT, use the 8.410.1218 NC and the map you're talking about and go for it.
    Worst case scenario....it doesn't work, but never mind.......you've tried c",)

TT GO 910 - SE 9.056.542741.2 - Europe 910.4892
    TT XXL - NC 9.510.1234792.2 - Western Europe 910.4956
    LG Optimus G E975 TomTom 1.2 - Navigon 4.9.0

Thanks

Well, I have a TomTom One (1st Edition) and Navcore 9.101.516023.2 works beautifully on it.
    That includes ALG and IQ.
    I've installed UK & ROI 860.3101 on it with the computer Loquendo voice Kate.
    So far, I'm very pleased with it.

Navcore 8.544 also works a treat on it in just the same way but using a Vocalizer voice.

ludespeedny is offline Corporal
    Thanks

How did you get your loquendo to work with it? I have been trying to get it to work on my one 3rd edition.

fcbmw is offline Private
    Thanks

After asking yuriyggg about it, I've placed on my Tomtom ONE v2 the Europe_TRUCK_860_3122 map, with the navcore 8.393 and it worked. In paralel I'm using the 8.410 navcore and the latest Europe_860_3101 map, IQRouting and ALG go very well and the device is smooth and catches gps signal in a minute or two, depending on the location... the bluetooth doesn't work, but I really don't need it.

tomorrow I'm going to further test the truck map doing some driving and see how fast and smooth goes with it.

UPDATE:
    I've tested it today as I said, and the TRUCK map works well. the only bad thing is the time it takes to start up. At first start it asks you about the truck's data and after that it works well. Smooth. You enter the menu, insert the adress where you want to go, and after that it asks you about your truck data if it's correct and you can change it or leave it as is. On the road navigation is good, no problem.
    Last edited by fcbmw; 21st December 2010 at 11:10. Reason: update

Loaded is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fcbmw View Post
    After asking yuriyggg about it, I've placed on my Tomtom ONE v2 the Europe_TRUCK_860_3122 map, with the navcore 8.393 and it worked. In paralel I'm using the 8.410 navcore and the latest Europe_860_3101 map, IQRouting and ALG go very well and the device is smooth and catches gps signal in a minute or two, depending on the location... the bluetooth doesn't work, but I really don't need it.

tomorrow I'm going to further test the truck map doing some driving and see how fast and smooth goes with it.

UPDATE:
    I've tested it today as I said, and the TRUCK map works well. the only bad thing is the time it takes to start up. At first start it asks you about the truck's data and after that it works well. Smooth. You enter the menu, insert the adress where you want to go, and after that it asks you about your truck data if it's correct and you can change it or leave it as is. On the road navigation is good, no problem.
    What size SD card are you using ? I tried to put it on 2 gb card but obviously to small , brought a 4 sdhc but tomtom wont recognise it or even format.

I read somewhere a sdhc will not work with this Tomtom .

I am running uk and Ire map 8.60 .3123 with nav 9.101 works good although have not seen if lane guidence works yet.

Loaded is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Thanks I will check it out.

Thanks used 5502 and 4 GB SDHC now work.
    Last edited by Loaded; 1st January 2011 at 17:12. Reason: add information.

fcbmw is offline Private
    Thanks

I'm using a Kingston 8GB SDHC card for Iberia, Europe and as test map card, and a Transcend 4GB SDHC card for the Europe truck map. A few weeks ago I used the Europe normal map and it showed me the line guidance on almost every exit from the motorway.

prehom is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Hello Everybody,

I have got a Tom Tom One with Bootloader version 530. i would want to update it but I do not really know how to proceed. Could I use the latest Navcore for the TT One and then check for the compatible Maps? In addition to this, can I go with an SD Card of 8 or 16 GB? (I mean, using an SDHC).

Your help will be appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast