GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Wich navcore for the 710

Thanks

Wich navcore for the 710

Hi, I have a tt 710 and I want to upgrade it with a navcore it has (for the moment ) the v 7.9 what kind of navcore Ican put ?

denischti59 is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: Wich navcore for the 710

I have the 9.053 on my 710 and it is stable (8/10)

swiss is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

I am using my GO 710 with a patched Navcore 8.417. Works fine since ages. I was thinking to update the software to a 9er version but the 9.00 I tried seemed not to work properly. But could be that I did something wrong, maybe I try again with one of the versions yuriyggg was mentioning below.
    But am not too pushy to try it as the 8.417 works, what would be better on the 9er? The only thing is that I could use more maps.

Oh, and on a side note: I just installed the Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB_865_3259 map. That map does not fit on the 2 GB SD card so I gave it a try with an older 4 GB SDHC card. Works fine (I was not aware the old Go 710 can already read SDHC cards)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yuriyggg View Post
    4GB SD card is fine. You can use the full map. I advise you to install 865-3245
    Hi yuriyggg,
    Thanks for recommendation. According to the chart the 865-3245 is compatible to Navcore 8.2 and up - so also to mine. But why is it better? The 3259 is a bit smaller in size but I thought this is its only because IQ and other stuff is missing (which I cannot use on my old 710 anyway). Or am I wrong?

@ yannick:
    Give us a feedback which version you installed and how its working. I noticed the 710 is still used quite often so others might be interested.

---

I have to add that from time to time my Go 710 freezes when switched off and trying to turn it on (never during operating). Happens not too often but if so I have to press the reset button. As it never happens during operation I do not think its a problem with the Navcore 8417 but maybe something else. Anyway its happening not frequently, I don´t bother.

SWP
    Thanks

I am using my GO 710 with a patched Navcore 9.026. Works fine but has a little bug I think. Every time when I shut down the device, the time, time format, (km, miles) are restarted. When I turn on the device I must do all that steps before use my gps. Please can you help me ?

Thanks

Hello eveybody,
    would like to give a short feedback to those using the GO 710 device.

As mentioned above I am using my GO710 with a patched Navcore 8.417 - which worked and works 100% fine since ages. Replaced recently my old 2 GB SD card with a 4 GB SDHC card and installed the Europe 865-3245 (thanks to yuriyggg´s advice !) on that 4 GB SDHC card.
    Works fine! Can even use IQ routes etc. which I was not aware I could as I thought the old Go 710 would not support that (but I was wrong).

Now I installed the Navcore “9.201_cce” from the thread here “Navcore for the lazy”. More out of curiosity than out of a need. Actually the way I instaleld it was so simply thanks to those great guys that feed the thread "Navcore for the lazy" with content! So all I did was to delete all folders on my 4 GB SDHC card - except the folder with the (already activated) map, and the voices.

Result:

Navcore 9.201 works fine as well on the GO 710. Have not tried it much, only a bit, but so far seems all OK (should I experience problems I will post here)
    I personally like the Navcore 9.201 the most because it shows me the battery status right on the screen, small symbol in left corner. Which the 8.417 did not. To me that’s important because I use the old GO 710 mainly on my motorcycle and I do not have (yet) a power supply, am currently running the TT only on battery.
    Another difference I noticed is that on the main menu page 4/4 I have the option to “Set x20 mode” “set x30 mode” “set x50mode” which I have not yet tried out. Currently it is in “set Start mode”. Looks a bit like this part of the menu is from those guys that cracked the Navcore.

Next thing I will do is try to get a patched Navcore for the TT Rider, maybe the Rider Navcore offers me some other functionalities (esp. using the touch screen while riding the bike with leather-gloves on is not really do-able, you need much larger areas to find the right button to press)

Hope that’s useful.
    Last edited by swiss; 11th April 2011 at 18:46. Reason: little typing errors corrected

Annakonder is offline Private
    Thanks

Swiss, very useful post thanks. I have been running Nav 8.412 with 830 maps for some time now on my 710 - has LC but not IQ. Although I have had no problems am looking to upgrade at least the maps and may do the navcore as well. I tried a 4 GB SDHC card with a copy of my current 2GB image but the unit would not recognise it - maybe because it is a new class 10 card. Perhaps you could let me know what your card class/speed is? Now I know the 710 can read 4 GB I will persevere since it will allow me to use the larger maps.
    It's great to know there plenty life left in the 710 yet!

Fylli is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Annakonder View Post
    Swiss, very useful post thanks. I have been running Nav 8.412 with 830 maps for some time now on my 710 - has LC but not IQ. Although I have had no problems am looking to upgrade at least the maps and may do the navcore as well. I tried a 4 GB SDHC card with a copy of my current 2GB image but the unit would not recognise it - maybe because it is a new class 10 card. Perhaps you could let me know what your card class/speed is? Now I know the 710 can read 4 GB I will persevere since it will allow me to use the larger maps.
    HI
    Try using 4 GB SD card " CLASS 4"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Annakonder View Post
    I am on holiday and do not have the 710 with me so you will have to wait a bit. Its a pretty old 4 GB SDHC card, so I assume its a pretty low class. But I do not think the class does mater (might be wrong, no guarantee ....). What I did:
    I took the SDHC card out of my camera and formatted it first on my PC (which runs Win 7 in case that matters) ! I do not remember if it was FAT or FAT 32 but I checked the format of my working 2 GB SD card - and chose the same. I remember it was NOT the format my PC suggested, I had to opt manually for the other one.

So give it a try with that format option first, maybe that helps.
    Last edited by swiss; 15th April 2011 at 09:54.

Annakonder is offline Private
    Thanks

swiss, Your suggestion sounded good so I tried reformatting my SDHC card as FAT (was FAT32) to match my working card but unfortunately no luck. I will get hold of a class 4 card, hopefully that will do the trick. I'm going on hols but will post an update in around 3 weeks in case others find it useful.
    Thanks very much for you helpful posts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast