GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Go 920

bombats is offline Private
    Thanks

Go 920

Hi everyone, please bare with someone here who does not understand the terminology that well. I have read sticky and lots of threads. I have a go 920 Nav 9.051.503855 maps north america_2g v845.2645. I have Iq routes and speed cams. Here is the 3 questions.

1) why is it when I connect the fm transmitter it does not hold on the channel and all hell breaks loose on static after 1 min it does not give instructions?

2) What is the best navcore I can use to upgrade on my unit

3) Is there a possibility to emulate a go 920 to a higher model

Thank you

Anto002 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: Go 920

The best Navcore for each device is offered by the Home and in your case would be the navcore 8351, then parcheas and install the map that is compatible
    If you want to try another series Navcore 9XXXX I have installed the 9135 navcore in a 730 GO and it works great
    If it can emulate any device versions X 30, X 40, X 50 depends on the Navcore you have unstalado (TTuster, DSA etc etc) is done in a manrea or another

Best regards

nest0r is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

If emulating an 920 for X40 and X50 is lost FM transmitter, light sensor day / night, ...

The better is the NavCore 8398, with X40 graphics, Everything works perfect

If you want to NavCore 9 then you have 9135 or 9136 NavCore Taiwan (without emulation DSA, Dr House, ttuser ...), just patching the ttsystem with utilities forum, Everything works perfect, But the graphics are the same as you had with NavCore 8351

bombats is offline Private
    Thanks

So if I emulate the fm transmitter will not work correctly is what I understand. Will this affect IQ route?

Anto002 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

so it is to retrieve the transmitter FM have to emulate the X 20 or change Navcore as very well you explains nestor
    The IQrouter is a function of the map rather than the Navcore so does not affect you in any case

Best regards

iamnobody is offline Private
    Thanks

FYI: 9.136 official download link
    http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/nav...AB-navcore.cab

and copy *.dat files from this xpi file to your tomtom
    http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/plu...-1.win.2.2.xpi
    Last edited by iamnobody; 30th April 2011 at 02:59.

nest0r is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

This is a version for XL ... is not the version valid for the GO.
    GO only takes ttsystem, XL ... leads ttsystem and pndnavigator

There is no official version in format .cab for the models GO, only backups

Silverhawk is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

I have a GO 920 and have tried most SE navcores from one time or another. To respond to your question, the "highest" navcore I've been able to successfully use is SE 9.205. I know it's designed for the TT Rider but works well on a 920. The only complaint I had with 9.205 was every now and then the unit would spontaneously turn back on after it was shut down. That might be a problem unique to my 920. I’ve since settled on SE 9.150. It's specific to 64MB units and has a good mix of features. However, like everyone says, the “best” navcore is the one you’re most happy with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhawk View Post
    ...the unit would spontaneously turn back on after it was shut down. That might be a problem unique to my 920....
    This issue with "turning back ON after shut down" appears on my TT GO 510 with (higher than official) NC 8.410 on 4GB SDHC card with 2,5GB map (>2GB card is possible on 510 because of use of newer bootloader with support of SDHC) as well. I need to always double check the unit did not restarted to keep my battery charged when I need it or I put unit into the storage.
    The same NC and map does not cause any problem in my other TomTom, the GO920T, AFAIK. (I installed this version on both 510 and 920 because of better graphics and night colors not only for the map but for menu too - NC 8.351 offic for 920 has only one (day) color for menu, so it is too bright during night for me)

Silverhawk, Do You think this restart issue is linked to Navcore vs device? Or is it just because of Your unique 920?