GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TomTom XXL and TTS - is it possible?

ap823 is offline Private
    Thanks

TomTom XXL and TTS - is it possible?

I have a XXL IQ Routes edition 64 MB RAM navcore 9.061.576030.2.
    Currently using Europe map 835.2448 (will upgrade to a more rencent map as soon as 870 is posted)

I would like to get TTS with spoken street names working (it has never been working on this device for me)

When loading "Simon" TomTom Computer voice version 700 (45.3MB) using TomTom Home I am getting a messag "This item does not work on your device".

Do I need to load a different navcore? any suggestions which one would be compatible with TTS on XXL device? is it possible at all to get TTS working on XXL?

Thanks in advance

Anto002 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: TomTom XXL and TTS - is it possible?

Here you will find some computerized voices

TomTom 730 Computer Voices

Best regards

ap823 is offline Private
    Thanks

Hi Anto002 - I do not have a problem finding the computerized voice, in fact tomtom home has loaded the "Simon" to the device. I do get the message "This item does not work on your device", but the files are on the device, in the LoquendoTTS folder.

When I start the GPS and go to voice selection, "Simon" is missing from the list of options, which makes me think that either the XXL or my version of navcore (9.061.576030.2) do not support computerized voices. or possibly I need to add some additional step to make the voice recognized by the GPS...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anto002 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Do not work you because you missing any file or folder within the folder Loquendo TTS then afternoon I spend the entire LoquendoTTS folder to her you install on your gps

Best regards

What is promised debt

Here I leave the LoquendoTTS folder, unzip the rar and change the folder LoquendoTTS for yours you have in your gps (change not delete OK) test to see if they work the computerized voices

Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q18HLTD1
    Last edited by Anto002; 4th May 2011 at 21:10.

bmwdriver+ is offline First Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ap823 View Post
    I have a XXL IQ Routes edition 64 MB RAM navcore 9.061.576030.2.
    I would like to get TTS with spoken street names working (it has never been working on this device for me)
    9.061 is the latest available NC v9. Your device is not TTS enabled by default. This means adding TTS would not help.
    You need a patched NC. Try this:
    latest NC prepared for small and large devices
    download 9.061 (this one is patched and optimized)

Download LoquendoTTS v7 from the same page (just to be shure you use a really working combination)
    Download the language you want from the TTS-voices list from the same page (if you dont like german or englishUK)

NOW, you would be able to select a computer voice, but it is still possible that you cant hear it.
    If so try the DM patch from the same page.

After all there could still be sound problems (yes TTS could be difficult).
    If so try Clear Flash tool from the same page and start again WITHOUT DM patch (restore original file).

NEVER use Home to add voices on a device with disabled TTS or patched NC.

ap823 is offline Private
    Thanks

thanks bmwdriver+ for detailed instructions and apologies for delay getting back to you.

these steps do look rather involved for a beginner...

I have searched for newbie instructions on installing patched navcore, and while I saw a few, they seemed a bit contradictory (possibly different steps for different navcores?)

could you point to exact steps required to install your patched 9.061 described here on my XXL IQ Routes edition 64 MB

thanks in advance for your help

Thanks

could you point to exact steps required to install your patched 9.061
    - delete anything but the map folder from your sdcard
    - copy all files from my backup 9061 onto your sdcard

- Boot your device
    - select country + language/voice = EnglishUK
    - verify that everything works fine (but no TTS)

- copy all files from my link "download" LoquendoTTS v7 onto your sdcard
    - Boot your device
    - select "Kate" from UK as computer voice

Report the result here
    Go 730 + Best NavCore for Go x30, One 2nd edition + Urban Rider NC or Latest NC

ap823 is offline Private
    Thanks

bmwdriver+, thanks for the clear instructions, here is my report.

1. Loading your patched navcore 9061 worked first time, really straightforward
    2. Only 4 character postcodes were recognized for UK. Downloaded http://www.tomtom.com/updates/zipcodes/Map_865/zip.zip. Now working with long postal codes, resolved.
    3. The options for ALG are missing in the menu and I have not seen it in navigation (yet?). I am using the 835.2448 map which had ALG working with the original non-patched navcore 9.061.576030.2.
    4. Most importantly, zoom out button (“-“) in the top left corner of most screens does not work. Pressing on it also results in turning of sound completely. The volume slider can still be adjusted but the unit is producing no sound (even testing voice is now silent). Sound comes back after reboot and stays on until zoom out is pressed again.
    5. Loading LoquendoTTS from your link, I did not have enough space on the device, so have deleted the German and Katrin folders from data/languages and data/voices folder respectively. Assuming this should not have impact on operation on English Kate voice.
    6. After rebooting device can see Kate UK computer voice available. Testing it – silence. Similarly to #3 above, once I have tried the computer voice, there is no more sound coming from device. Rebooting, the sound is back again… the human voice is working but computer voice is not.
    7. Not sure if it is relevant, in a few posts you mention sdcard. My tomtom XXL does not have an external card, just 2GB built in storage. do not think it should make a difference, but just in case wanted to mention it...
    8. Tried DMPatch - no difference.
    9. Removed DM patch, ran clearflash. the device did not start up until I held the power button for some 30 seconds. still no change in behaviour.

Any suggestions how to address the remaining issues: #3, 4 and 6 above?

thanks again
    Last edited by ap823; 19th May 2011 at 12:35.

Thanks

Any suggestions how to address the remaining issues: #3, 4 and 6 above?
    This can be found in
    preferences #7 -> Advanced preferences -> done -> "Show lane image"

The upper left corner is used for the "screenshot" feature. To disable this just remove the folder "screen". I dont need to zoom in as I activated "auto zoom".

Thats strange. I dont have the same device as yours. So I cant verify this.
    I know sometimes (after changing NC version to another) it could be difficult to recover the voice. On my Go730 + NC9.061 + Kate everything works fine. No DMs patch needed.

Try this
    - remove settings.dat
    - remove mapsettings.cfg
    - run FlashClean
    - connect to Home and let it update your GPSfix
    Go 730 + Best NavCore for Go x30, One 2nd edition + Urban Rider NC or Latest NC

ap823 is offline Private
    Thanks

# 4 is resolved. thanks.
    # 6: have tried removing the files and running clearflash (not FlashClean - assuming a typo?). connecting to Home do not get the GPSfix..

no improvement on voices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast