Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to get maximum available RAM on small devices

ATZ007 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: How to get maximum available RAM on small devices

I have an old TomTom One XL. Can someone please tell me which Navcore is the best one for this device?
    Also step-by-step how to modify anything (if needed)

Many thanks,

pirlouy is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Hello,
    I remember in the past you could enable/disable features thanks to some config files. With DSA app, I think you can't do that, it's all automatic. Are they some tools which would allow to disable features ?
    For now, I delete folders and files, but I'm not sure it's the best thing to do...

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: How to get maximum available RAM on small devices

hello,

first , let me thank you for this 8.545, I have tried a lot of different SE versions and all had some real problems, but this 8.545 REALLY work on my old One . I have a small question when you shut down the one, it seems it does not really shutdown , but seems to say in some sort of sleep mode. this state seems to drain the battery and if you don't use your tomtom for some days the battery is drained and you have to fill it before you can start.
    Is there something that can be done about that to really shut it down so that the battery keep it load ?

thanks a lot for your work, really appreciated.

duur1duur is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zebulon View Post
    hello,

first , let me thank you for this 8.545, I have tried a lot of different SE versions and all had some real problems, but this 8.545 REALLY work on my old One . I have a small question when you shut down the one, it seems it does not really shutdown , but seems to say in some sort of sleep mode. this state seems to drain the battery and if you don't use your tomtom for some days the battery is drained and you have to fill it before you can start.
    Is there something that can be done about that to really shut it down so that the battery keep it load ?

thanks a lot for your work, really appreciated.
    In the root of your TomTom make a file and name it suicide.dat. Open that file with a texteditor and type 60. Save the file and done. When you shut off the device it will shut off completely after 60 seconds. The only disadvantage is that starting takes a little longer.

Thanks

Fantastic ! exactly what I was missing , if I put 3600 instead I suppose it will shut after one hour ?

duur1duur is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

You got it!

pirlouy is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Just a clarification: In fact, Tomtom devices go to "hibernate" state during some days (until battery goes to 5% I think), and after that, really shut down.
    To really shut down before, you can do a reset (on some devices, you have to stay 17s on power button I think) or use duu1duur's procedure (that I did not know but useful).
    But as said, when you'll restart, you will have to reload bootloader, navcore, satellite etc. So you will need some minutes to find satellites again...

Thanks

thanks to all of you. My problem was that my one just keep draining the battery after a shutdown ( and does not seems to stop at 5%) so when i start it up after some days it was complety drained and I need to charge it for several minutes before it accept to start ( so my wife and kids keep saying that my tomtom was defective ).
    Now with this navcore SE 8.545 and the suicide.dat file by duur1duur it work perfectly !!! I can't find a single problem everything is working fine and with a suicide set at 600 the totom really shutdown after 10 minutes so it will keep the battery charged for the next travel.

A really big thank you to all of you.

Thanks

hello bmwdriver
    your Download link is dead! Please update it !

Thanks

shepherd79 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

I need some imput on this. I got your navcore and I got it running. I am running on TT XL 310. when it is running i am only seing 4.6mb sometimes it can goes up to 5.5 and it can go down to as low as 2mb. Mostly it is stable at 4.5mb. I am running with 5.5019 boot loader and nave 880 map.
    At this moment it has one problem. When you first start it tries to boot up, but it restarts itself and shows the window that it is writing something ( just like the one when you disconnect from computer). It does it everytime. it shows Legal notice window everytime. after that it runs great. what could be causing that? I ran clear flash tool, didn't help.
    Also, it is slugish sometimes when i click on some icons.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast