Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: TomTom RDS-TMC Antennas

notdeadyet is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: RDS TMC replacement

I've been reading ALOT tonight about all this traffic stuff (here, eBay, TomTom forums, etc), and I did read something about cheap copies
    out there of these LT usb models, and a bad side effect is causing the unit to run in PC mode.....is yours an actual TomTom model????

also, with my research, I believe we need to add any 8th version, or add a 4b to the 4th version, as this one listed below is very similar, but take note of the picture near the bottom of the auction, as this one is ACTUALLY 2 pieces, not 1, and I have come across many negative posts of buyers who got this version instead of the one shown in version 4 (one wire) !!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-TOMTOM-X...item33758a019a
    Last edited by notdeadyet; 26th January 2013 at 05:05.

Chopstix is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    I've been reading ALOT tonight about all this traffic stuff (here, eBay, TomTom forums, etc), and I did read something about cheap copies
    out there of these LT usb models, and a bad side effect is causing the unit to run in PC mode.....is yours an actual TomTom model????

also, with my research, I believe we need to add any 8th version, or add a 4b to the 4th version, as this one listed below is very similar, but take note of the picture near the bottom of the auction, as this one is ACTUALLY 2 pieces, not 1, and I have come across many negative posts of buyers who got this version instead of the one shown in version 4 (one wire) !!!!

"New" TomTom XXL 530 540 550 TM 4UUC1 RDS TMC USB Traffic Charger Receiver Kit | eBay
    I do not have the antenna yet.
    I´m currently trying to work out which antenna to bu, and have therefore used the TMC FAQ from this forum.
    And thats why my question: (I havent any experience myself!): which antenna to buy and have Traffic messages when driving in France on the motor/highways?

Thanks

still no absolute answers for me here in N America, but I did find many posts about the above linked version of the antenna being the only one to work with a GO730, and I even found a page on the TT site where it showed that model as the one needed, so I ordered one for only $7, and we'll see if it works once it gets here in a week or so.....I'll update!

Thanks

Can you supply the link were you found that antenna?

Thanks

NEW TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver - Not compatible with Go 740 (9V00.180) | eBay

unfortunately, he's no longer got any right now, but perhaps this link will help in your search for another auction. Mine is finally here in Canada, but won't get it myself till early next week. Will post results then.

Thanks

OK, I tested out both of the TMC models today for the G0 730, and the BOTH work perfectly. I used it all within my house, so can't tell you which one works better than the other yet, but I suspect the older version with the antenna extension wire will considering the reviews it still gets as being the best model to use to date with the 730. I had 4 730's to work with today, and they all worked the same with either unit. A few things of note...mine was stuck on searching for radio stations until I replaced the mctx.data file with an original 44byte one (posted all over the net if you don't have a backup with one). Once I replaced it, mine worked within minutes. There's talk about changing the mctx file to 11110, but after I did that, I was stuck on retrieving traffic information, so I restored my "new" original, and all was well again. I somehow during my Navcore updates (9465 now) have managed to keep my command and control as well as voice recognition with my unit, and at first thought it was causing the delay on acquiring radio stations, but NO, as said, all is good now and I still have my command and control, which I "think" I read is for X40 and X50 models, of which I do have a switch files file on my unit for such, so I guess that's why my 730 still gets it, when all the other 3 I had here today DID NOT All 3 could ONLY get the voice recognition for navigating to an address, and without using outsourced and switch files, I couldn't find a way to get command and control installed onto them

amcnamara is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

"New" TomTom XXL 530 540 550 TM 4UUC1 RDS TMC USB Traffic Charger Receiver Kit | eBay
    In my instance, I did purchase a real micro USB Tom Tom model which knocked the Go700 into PC mass storage mode but it worked perfectly with the Classic XXL I just bought.
    So it seems to be a symptom of the 700 and the navcore it's running. I have matched the Go 700 with the exact same navcore version the Classic XXL is currently running (9.465 using DSA TT) so I'll see if this makes a difference and copy across appropriate files as necessary :-)

There is a youtube video with a guy showing off his Go 700 in Australia with a patched navcore to allow all Go 700 modern features but at the beginning of the video you do indeed see the RDS TMC message appear as connected then his Go 700 shows the traffic bar down the right side. So it's possible to get a Go 700 working with a USB based traffic antenna it's just that the exact software requirements are a bit of a mystery.
    I did post the on the youtube video to ask if he physically modified the Go700 to charge from the USB port as well as allow for data. I have yet to receive a reply but I think that would be the ultimate goal for me.

Chopstix is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    I´m currently trying to work out which antenna to bu, and have therefore used the TMC FAQ from this forum.
    And thats why my question: (I havent any experience myself!): which antenna to buy and have Traffic messages when driving in France on the motor/highways?
    So, the jury has returned :-)

My 910 has been equipped with NavCore v9.134 and this version works perfectly with RDS/TMC jack-plug (4V00.013).
    If someone is searching for the 9.134, then bear in mind that the official name is "9.134 asian" - although I haven´t found ANY problems using this with European language/standards a.s.o.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chopstix For This Useful Post:

fairytooth is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

NEW TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver - Not compatible with Go 740 (9V00.180) | eBay

unfortunately, he's no longer got any right now, but perhaps this link will help in your search for another auction. Mine is finally here in Canada, but won't get it myself till early next week. Will post results then.
    It is a well established principle that the Usa TMC aerials do not work in Europe so the converse is also very likely. So I hope you haven't wasted you money. Also, in my own experience that version aerial performed worst of all of them.

fairytooth is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    The new combined charger and mini usb is the best one. Note European and America version ARE different spec. even on the same model/version

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 27th May 2012, 00:33
  2. 3rd January 2012, 14:08
  3. 6th December 2011, 09:17
  4. 27th September 2011, 22:16
  5. 24th May 2011, 18:41