GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes SDHC Cards do work on ONE XL

deathstar is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Yes SDHC Cards do work on ONE XL

Hi i was reading a lot of conflicting information on various sites about whether a SDHC would work on a TomTom ONE XL and it works as good as gold as long as it is formatted to Fat32.

I Bought a 4GB SDHC to hold a few maps australia, North america and new zealand and lots of other crap. and i can say that they work without fail on the new SDHC card fine. I do not know if you could put a 16gb or 32gb card in it but it may be worth a try if you have such a need for high capacity storage. Quite frankly 4GB is more than enough for me.

Thanks

Re: Yes SDHC Cards do work on ONE XL

Quote Originally Posted by deathstar View Post
    Hi i was reading a lot of conflicting information on various sites about whether a SDHC would work on a TomTom ONE XL and it works as good as gold as long as it is formatted to Fat32.

I Bought a 4GB SDHC to hold a few maps australia, North america and new zealand and lots of other crap. and i can say that they work without fail on the new SDHC card fine. I do not know if you could put a 16gb or 32gb card in it but it may be worth a try if you have such a need for high capacity storage. Quite frankly 4GB is more than enough for me.
    you must put another bootloader 5022 or higer to read cards with 4Gb or more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LuisDiasJorge View Post
    you must put another bootloader 5022 or higer to read cards with 4Gb or more.
    how do i put another bootloader? also is there a way to enable text to speech on this one XL? Thank you.

band27 is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Hey there,
    First read this.....Then grab what you need from here....
    Your second question is unclear in that XL already does text to speech. I think your most likely asking about :

Voice command and control:
    Advanced speech recognition technology lets you control your TomTom device using voice commands. From planning a route to making a call, over 150 tasks are easily activated by voice, making your drive smoother and safer.

The answer is no because your device does not have a mic.

Thanks

Thanks a lot, exactly what i was looking for, well trust me i have this TOMTOM ONE XL( old base model:) which did not come with text to speech, So i am trying to update it with latest maps and spoken street names, You are correct as far as it doesnt have mic, so i wont be able to use advanced speech recognition. but if i can enable text to speech i will be soooooooooo happy.
    Last edited by nakamoniel; 15th August 2010 at 18:14.

band27 is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Have you upgrade your navcore? Go to tomtom home to see if there are updates there for you.....Can you share what version it is? ....and, yes it is possible to get text to speech for your unit.

Thanks

help updating ONE XL

Here is info on my gps,
    device ak8sn caku6
    app 8.010 (9369/080529) os: 190943
    32 mb ram
    gps v1.21, boot 5.3026
    map: 'usa_and_canada' v710.1575,

would it be safe to go to boot 5.5136? I tried finding it as previously given link but couldnt locate it at , any other link please? also, yes i did update it from tomtom home after reading your post, everything else updated but maps. ( i mean since it did i suppose it updated navcore right?) please let me know what should i do next, Thank You.

Thanks

Re: help updating ONE XL

i got the same question. want to upgrade to speak street name. thanks

deathstar is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

If you want to upgrade to tts on the original one xl Use "VOCALIZERTTS" voices files with Navcore 9.051.5083SE as it uses a lot less memory on your 32mb model and it will work perfectly. By the way it is very difficult to get loquendo tts to work and it slows down the navigation quite a lot and also will lose sound if a poi alert sounds during your travels but if you want to try it you will need navcore 9.051 Mirillium edition if you can still find it around. but I don't recommend it for 32mb models.

You must delete any loquendo tts voices you have installed and create a directory called VOCALIZERTTS and copy the appropriate voice into that directory otherwise you will not get any sound from your navigator. and you can only have one voice installed at a time in this directory, but you can still have standard voices installed as well.

Cheers

Deathstar
    Last edited by deathstar; 5th January 2011 at 13:43. Reason: Additional Info

Thanks

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I followed this advice with the same intention of using a hcsd card on xl. after changing the bootloader it is stuck on startup with flashing red. it works fine with sd card inserted and loading everyting from sd card but it does not load from internal memory. anyone have a suggestion how to restore it? it is not the worst possible case as it still works using sd cards but i would really like to restore it's full functionality. thanks for any info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 26th October 2011, 18:35
  2. 6th September 2011, 11:45