GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: TT 7.9 on Chinese Double Din ... Can't Get Correct Time

Thanks

Question TT 7.9 on Chinese Double Din ... Can't Get Correct Time

I've been messing with trying to get 7.9 to work correctly for about 5 days now. I'm "trying" to use it on a Chinese Double Din with Win5.0. I've got the maps cracked (US-Canda_825_2210) and working correctly and after searching (for a good while) I've gotten all the correct software and patched (Guidorenato works) in everything.
    The major issue I have (and haven't found a solution for) is getting the clock/time to hold steady. It constantly jumps around at random. As such, I can't use TT to navigate. Thus, the all the work up to now is useless.
    Anyone got a fix for this?
    I have iGo 8 on the same SD card and it's been working fine for months. The only reason I'd like to use TomTom is because I have TomTom on my iPhone and it provides far improved routes as opposed to the iGo. (Tested them both at the same time on a trip from Houston to Arkansas ... iGo had me going 210 miles out my way as opposed to TomTom). On something as minimal as an in town 5 mile route, iGo picks some of the most out of the way routes I have ever seen. As opposed to TomTom on my iPhone picking the route I would normally travel (tested it on known travel routes for shyts & giggles).
    I guess I can't complain too much on the iGo 8 since it actually works with my Double Din rive:

Thanks

Re: TT 7.9 on Chinese Double Din ... Can't Get Correct Time

Aint gonna work. I've tried this many many times. On some chinese units it works on others it doesn't. Many possible solutions include registry hacks but no luck so far. The only solution is to use an older version as discussed on XDA Developers but then you can't use the newer maps. Anyway, you might want to give Sygic a try. Works similar to Tomtom except for that it does actually work on these chinese units.

Thanks

Unhappy Re: TT 7.9 on Chinese Double Din ... Can't Get Correct Time

Quote Originally Posted by Chatslet View Post
    Aint gonna work. I've tried this many many times. On some chinese units it works on others it doesn't. Many possible solutions include registry hacks but no luck so far. The only solution is to use an older version as discussed on XDA Developers but then you can't use the newer maps. Anyway, you might want to give Sygic a try. Works similar to Tomtom except for that it does actually work on these chinese units.
    I get message no gps device unable to connect to internal gps Help needed urgently
    please help

script is offline Corporal
    Thanks

There is a hack coming to tie Tom Tom 7 into the gps so it gets its time set auto!

Thanks

Hi, I have a 2 din DVD/GPS for my Corolla 2009, running TomTom 7.915. the problem with the time is basically that the software reads the Windows CE time and that gets reset every time you reboot. there is 2 possible solutions to this: 1- Hack the registry and make it writable (software is CECP), I tried in a cheap-old portable gps but the registry got corrupted, I connected to my PC and fix it. but if you try that on the car and mess that up, there is no way to go back!!!.

the seconds easy option is to forget about current time an setup the unit to show only the speed, time and distance to destination only. so you know how close you are and how long it'd take.

I tried Igo and it sucks!, but that one overides the time setting with the GPS location time.

Thanks

I've been told that this is the fix that should work

I have all the files and maps downloaded but haven't had time to try it all out yet.

And YES iGo sucks (as far as prepping routes is concerned). TomTom definitely provides better guidance in most cases as compared to iGo8

typan is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

done all that & the TT & map works great but clock does not

Wan_King is offline Banned
    Thanks

Have you tried Guidorenato's AUTORUN file?
    It worked a treat on my 7" chinese noname running TT 7.450. The clock is not jumping anymore and the "car" now sticks to the map no problem. The only thing is the clock is offset by 3 hours behind for my location (australia) but I'll get used to this if I can't find how to change the clock script.

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt....html#post4445

Many thanks GuidoRenato!

LinkBacks (?)