Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: DSA Tool, a Professional TomTom v7/v8/v9 Patcher

XisiX is offline Corporal
    Thanks

DSA Tool, a Professional TomTom v7/v8/v9 Patcher

What is it?

DSA is a patcher for any v8, v9, and even v7 TomTom navigator cabinet, "Operate my GO" TTHome DLL or PNDNavigator file, and TT Bootloader.

Where to get it?

Here: DSA Tools complete pack 15 July 2012 standard version (Windows, Linux, MacOS, Java source)

Multiplatform screenshots:

A brief history

DSA has started as a Linux set of scripts published in the pages of the TomTom v8 Firmware and Maps forum and soon after got a graphical front end under Windows therefore becoming more appealing to a larger audience.
    Today, it's written in Java and running in graphical mode on Linux, Mac and Windows platforms.

DSA Tool author

dsa8310 -- If you have any questions/doubts/suggestions/bug reports/etc., go visit GPS section of gsmcityDOTde forum.

DSA features:

1. The DSA patching system is user-friendly since it does not involve configuration files.
    2. It performs an on-the-fly switching between the main existing emulations, with no need of PC connection.
    3. The memory savings algorithm is entirely automated.
    4. The patching algorithm is capable of covering practically all v8, v9, and even v7 NCs.
    5. It runs in graphical mode uniformly on three platforms.
    6. It offers convenient built-in Internet access to the existing NCs.
    7. Last but not least, it features an unique patching capability of the TT bootloader. This feature can be used to downgrade TT bootloader, if needed.

Installation:

- NOTE: Java is a prerequisite for DSA.
    It may be installed from the Java Verification Page as outlined in the dsa help.

There is a ReadMeFirst.html file inside DSA package archive. Click it to open with your browser and read how to install DSA.

// The Java source is included in DSA package (dsa.app/Contents/Resources/Java/DSA.java) //

How to use DSA Tool:

- Help file is included in distribution package.

Caution:

Flashing bootloader is risky operation and it should be performed only if it's really necessary - if anything goes wrong you may end up with dead paperweight instead of your (beloved) TomTom device.

__________________________________________________ ___________
    This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the author be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
    Last edited by XisiX; 16th July 2012 at 20:37. Reason: New release, lots of updates & changes in code

vince59 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: DSA Tool, a Professional TomTom v7/v8/v9 Patcher

Hallo, is DSA able to change the boot 1.0102 installed on a TTONE v8?

If yes...how?...many many thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to vince59 For This Useful Post:

XisiX is offline Corporal
    Thanks

First question is: why do you need to change BL?

DSA doesn't change BL, DSA could be used to patch any 5.xxxx bootloader in order to "trick" TT device to accept BL even if it is actually lower version than one already in TT device (downgrade process). To change BL in device to higher version you don't need any tool.

As far as I know, bootloader 1.xxxx is considered as a "special" version (made by TT) "tuned" for some devices that do not work well with "regular" bootloaders v5.xxxx (some hardware glitches??).
    General recommendation is NOT TO UPGRADE BL 1.xxxx, but I've also read some positive feedbacks from people who have upgraded BLs in their devices from 1.xxxx to 5.xxxx without any problems.

It's up to you to decide what to do.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XisiX For This Useful Post:

pirlouy is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

This is really a kick-*** tool.
    The automatic download/decompress/patch Navcore and bootloader is just awesome.

Plus a nice help file. I use it for the 2nd time (previous time was some months ago) and still no problem at all.
    Moppie likes this.

Thanks

hey iam new at this i wanted to know can i use this patcher to use my custom tt system file please help me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xavier spero For This Useful Post:

Thanks

FYI, there are no "DSA navcore pack" like somebody beleive. DSA is a "patcher" which allows you to pick (quite) the navcore you want and patchs it the way you want. For example, you're not obliged to download popular "BMWDriver+" release. You can build your own navcore.

Here is a quote from Dsa8310, the author of DSA:

Quote Originally Posted by dsa8310
    I have checked out a few pages of the gpsunderground forum and I have noticed that there are people looking for links of individual dsa packages.

Let me remind to all that there is no such thing as a dsa particular navcore...
    There is only a configurable application, dsa, which enables anyone to patch the preferred or most suitable navcore directly to device.
    Call it a Swiss Army knife of TT patching

Undoubtedly, there is a valuable effort put into testing the best nc configuration for a class of devices. And for many, a recommended package may be a convenience.
    However, I would convey the same information in dsa terms: use this navcore (number/name) with this mode selection (add it if not there), edit reskin if really necessary, etc.

(I will look into the reskin filtering issue, to make sure that desirable modes are not excluded)
    I quoted it, thinking it could help people, and I know he can't register or follow all GPS forums...
    Moppie and biggerdave like this.

nest0r is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

For me, if a copy is created with the patcher DSA is no longer a program, now called a copy created with DSA or DSA copy

I understand the position of the creator who prefer that the USER download the patcher DSA, but I understand better than novice users who have no idea how it works and will not learn its operation, prefer to be given the work already done, as well does Bmwdriver+

I think Bmwdriver+, prepares good DSA NavCore pack much better than would a novice

The option to create their own for advanced users.
    For novice it is easier to use Navcore prepares Bmwdriver+
    jarkita, Moppie and biggerdave like this.

Thanks

Of course, if some prefer to download premade pack, I see no problem, but it would be better if they know how and where it comes from; this way they can customize every navcore they want.
    Bmwdriver+ packs work so there's indeed no problem with it/him !

Thanks

Sorry, but the link to download is no longer working. File not found.
    Moppie likes this.

Thanks

Could some reupload DSA Tools 19 September 2011, please?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dloulou For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th March 2012, 22:43
  2. 24th January 2012, 17:15
  3. 20th December 2011, 22:12
  4. 8th October 2011, 12:46