GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Problem with TomTom Home

ramses505 is offline Private
    Thanks

Problem with TomTom Home

TT ONE v1 - Boot = 5.5130 System=8.417 Maps UK860.3101

Maps just installed (up from 845.2667) - these seem to work fine on the TT if I dont change the Favorites file - I have a problem with my previous Favorites file Mapsettings.cfg (reboot problem) and found instructions for making it work that involved connecting my device to TT Home and adding a favorite which would upgrade my existing Favorites file format (it was rebooting, alerting me to the problem !).

Problem is when I connect to T Home and choose 'operate my device' it goes through the config settings and ends with 'No Maps Installed'.

As I mentioned above, they seem to work on the device when operated stand alone.

Have used Fstactivate 1.8 and clicked each button - Home says 'Patched'.

I don't know what the problem is and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have looked around on the SD card and don't actually see which file the 'Home' patcher is meant to patch - I thought it was a dll but there are none.

Anyway, I realise I just need some help which would be much appreciated.

Thanks

klazpt is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: Problem with TomTom Home

Have you also patched maps and your device systems files?
    Do that, then do a reset and reboot.
    Connect to TT Home and see what happens

And what happens if you just don't use your old favorites, and do a new one? (even new mapsettings file)

ramses505 is offline Private
    Thanks

Klazpt - thanks for taking the time to reply. I have finally discovered about removing the ttgo.ori and ttgo.bak - I edited the ttgo.bif to reflect the app version and then when TTHome downloaded the 'required file' I patched it using Fastactivate and it then worked. I updated my old Favorites file nd htat worked fine. I just could not find 'clear' instructions about using TTHome - I did not realise that it is vital that the ttgo.bif is current with your app settings etc. I will write 'another' guide !

Thanks again.
    Regards

klazpt is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Good that you have sorted it out.

You're very welcome

LinkBacks (?)

1. 22nd August 2011, 22:44