GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: What am I doing wrong, cant get speed cameras working

sug172 is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

What am I doing wrong, cant get speed cameras working

I am not a newbie and have activated many maps and cameras. On this tomtom One third edition after activating I go to "tomtom services" and safety Alerts is greyed out, I cant click on it. I have used easy activator, easyusetools, and AutoActivate. I have cleared the flash, formatted the drive and downloaded the latest meta.

App 9.026.483454.2 OS 473972
    BOOT 5.3026
    United Kingdom 860.3101
    I have had these options all work on the same device before.

Thanks

Re: What am I doing wrong, cant get speed cameras working

Hi there. Bit of a coincidence this!!

I've got a TT One V2. I had premium speed cameras and fuel prices loaded on and working. This was with patched navcore 7.903, boot 5.5128 and with Western Europe map 860.3126. All working no problem. Then I thought I'd try a map with lane guidance. So, I installed SE Navcore 8.412.1236, kept my map 850.3126 and everything worked fine, except that when I go into "change preferences" the following options are greyed out: Enable Bluetooth; Enable wireless data; Send/Receive files; My TomTom account. So, because "My TomTom account" is greyed out, I can't access/activate the fuel prices or the speed cams.

Later, I added a 2nd map - UK and RoE 860.3101 to try out the lane guidance and that works fine - but still no speed cams or fuel prices.

I checked on TomTom Home, and it still recognises that I have Premium Speed Cams and Fuel Prices installed. Any ideas?? Is it a compatibility problem with the SE Navcore?

FANTASTIC site by the way!

sug172 is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

I finally managed to get this fixed after trying so many navcors and maps
    it seems only the right combination of map and navcore will work if you want speed cameras.
    I used App 8.010
    UK map 860.3126

klazpt is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Weird thing.. i have Navecore 9.150.xxx and map Iberia 860.3123 and speecams work fine so far...

Thanks

I have now solved my problem of not being able to get the speed cameras working with SE Navcore 8.412.1236 and map 860.3101 (UK & ROI) on my TT One 2nd Edition ("V2"). Basically, all I had to do was go into the folder named "Config" in the root of the TomTom and then into the filename "Setconfig". There, I changed "btoff" to "bton", which effectively activates bluetooth on the device. But, it also enables the "TomTom Services" which was previously greyed out. Now, I have full access to the speedcams!!

So, on my TT One 2nd edition (V2), I now have ALG, IQ routes and full speedcam functionality! Not sure if I can get TTS Vocalizer working yet, but will try that later.

klazpt is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Damn thing.. gps devices are almost like women.. must be managed with care but.. we never know what they really want :-)

Good thing we have it fixed