GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Moving Speedcams to a new map?

dezmond is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Moving Speedcams to a new map?

Hi folks,

Could anyone tell me what I need to do in order to move the premium speedcam data from an old map to a new patched map?

Is it enough to copy the .ov2 + .dct + .ver files from my old map to the new map folder, or is there more to it?

Tomtom Home seems to know the speedcams are there on the new map, but it won't download any updates for them (which it will happily do in the previous map).

I thought the files were registered to the device, rather than the map, so I was hoping they'd work.

Anyone know?

klazpt is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: Moving Speedcams to a new map?

Quote Originally Posted by dezmond View Post
    Hi folks,

Could anyone tell me what I need to do in order to move the premium speedcam data from an old map to a new patched map?

Is it enough to copy the .ov2 + .dct + .ver files from my old map to the new map folder, or is there more to it?

Tomtom Home seems to know the speedcams are there on the new map, but it won't download any updates for them (which it will happily do in the previous map).

I thought the files were registered to the device, rather than the map, so I was hoping they'd work.

Anyone know?
    Just copy the 2 files into the new map folder and patch.

You said TT home updates your speedcam?? How come? I don't think that you can update your patched speedcams using TT home from TT site.