Why would various TomToms ranging from Go 720-930 installed with Europe truck work for months on end then, when left unused for 2-3 weeks loop on the start screen when used again. Does anybody know a solution to this problem or am I missing something, i.e would TTgo.bif, TTgo.bak and TTgo.original present correct numbers to TomTom home as well as prevent this problem. Thanks in advance all help is appreciated.
Strangely enough this has happened to me today too
TT 540 live
Map Europe Truck 880 3845
Has been working fine for months, used it last weekend no problem and still charged today when I switched it on. TT worked for about an hour this morning then lost sat signal totally and wouldn't see any satellites - unit eventually rebooted itself and then when restarted still will not pick up any signal and reboots again after a couple of minutes continually.
I'm going to try a backup first or failing that a clean re-install tomorrow with the latest version that my device will support and go from there.
Just to add an update, after looking at this link I did as suggested and deleted the contents of the ephemeris folder and all is well again
Last edited by old_n07; 17th September 2012 at 09:53.
changed navcores using dsa runing emulsion x30 cut amount of poi's down made poi file for favourates all except one hasn't looped yes its true wipe mapsettings.cfg also the other files created on startup and unit starts no probs still dont understand why this happens. One other thing what emulsion on dsa 8.398 offers spoken address input its not x30. Also dsa 8.398 is more reliable running on tomtom onexl if you set it not to use iq routes with truck. thanks for your replies.