Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Carminat Tomtom - FAQ -

rusigor is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Re: Carminat Tomtom - FAQ -

Quote Originally Posted by Thom@s View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rusigor View Post
    actually it's possible if you have patched navcore 9.844 inside, but I very doubt you really do have it...
    Do you have a procedure for this ?
    If You mean "to patch navcore 9.844" - it's not too difficult. But how would You manage to put patched navcore into internal memory???? The only method was (from DownUnder35) - to upgrade earlier 9.842/9.843 with patched 9.844. But it's impossible to upgrade 9.844 with patched one. Alas

PS Update - it maybe will do upgrading to new patched 9.845 (just released). Only - DON'T upgrade to official version! First - wait till DownUnder35 will patch it, then upgrade to PATCHED version.
    Last edited by rusigor; 29th November 2012 at 22:29.

Thanks

Hi,

Just a quick question: is it possible to get nc 9 on a Carminat (not LIVE)?

i've a few annoyances with nc8.842 in my megane III:

1. the music is completely muted when the tomtom talks (on the iPhone, you can choose to lower the volume of the music which I prefer).
    2. the tomtom sometimes keeps repeating "stay on this road for x km". On a motorway without any exits for a long timem this sometimes happens every km for 5-6 times... E.g. stay on this road for 15km, stay on this road for 14km, stay on this road fir 13km.... etc... Witrh the first problem you miss a lot from the radio, specially if there is traffic information ;-)
    3. Is there a way to see traffic info of the original route? If tomtom calculates a new route you can't see why (unless you disable traffic, and recalculate the route).

Thanks!

TomTom Carminat nc8.842 map 895 (just going to try map 900.4611)

Thanks

Hi guys a have a minor problem with this guide if anyone can help.

I have Laguna III with TT 8.842, have used a gude to build SD from scratch and patched navcore 8.841.45339 , it stops for me when i should activate (Fastactivate) the maps (westeren europe 900.4608 )with error "file tigo.bif or ttnavigator.bif not found".

Thanks for the help,

Cheers

apak is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

just extract th ettgo.bif file within loopback file to SD root

Thanks

Hi guys...

I'm new to the TomTom Carminat. I have a Renault Clio III with satnav and want make a new SD card with Europe East on it.
    I do all the procedures and I still get no maps (( the navcore in the navigation is 8842.542199, original SD card with DE_AT_CH map works OK.

1. Formated SD card 2GB in FAT.
    2. Inserted in the car to get the Loopdir
    3. Extracted the latest navcore_8842.542199 on the SD from DS_1 subfolder
    4. Patched the PNDNavigator with yDGpatch, it created also PNDNavigator.old
    5. Renamed the ~tsystem to ttsystem
    6. Put the map Europe_East 900.4602
    7. Extracted the ttgo.bif from loopback.ex3 which was made at the first use in the car (point 2) and copied it to SD root

ttgo.bif compared to original SD card which works contains this:

CurrentMap=
    CurrentMapVersion=0.0

8. Changed the CurrentMap=Europe_East and CurrentMapVersion to 900.4602, still not working,car says no maps
    8a. left the ttgo.bif like it was created at point 2, no maps

9. All other lines in ttgo.bif are just like from the original SD card which works in the car so I doubt that there is a mistake in the bif file.
    10. Copied the map folder to SD root, edited Europe_East.pna and entered the ID
    11. Activated the map with FastActivate (or EasyActivator 6.10), meta was correct, dct file was created.

12. First time I left loopdir on the SD card....still no maps
    12a. Formated the SD and repeated all with loopdir removed from SD card....still no maps

I doubt that there is a problem with 900 map, the compatibility chart says it's OK to use it with navcore 8842.542199.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

bovirus is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

You have to use the UniqueID available in ttgo.bif extracted from loopback.ex3 t generate teh unlock .dct file for the map.
    If you don't unlock teh map you cannot use it.

Thanks

Found what the problem was....Bovirus, the UniqueID was correctly used in ttgo.bif

I have a navcore 8842.542199, which is not compatible with all the maps, and I downloaded 3 versions (900,895 and 890) and none of them were compatible with navcore 8.8xx. I had to find the correct subversion, which also needed the right meta to unlock (not all the subversions have the right meta yet)
    when I downloaded the correct one with the meta code, right compatibility for 8.8xx, it started working right away

Thanks

I have one problem:
    Screenshot by Lightshot

Thanks

I am trying to get this working too, although no luck.

1. Formated SD card 2GB in FAT. I use an 8 GB FAT sd card which the system can read
    2. Inserted in the car to get the Loopdir done
    3. Extracted the latest navcore_8842.542199 on the SD from DS_1 subfolder I use 8841 (from tools section
    4. Patched the PNDNavigator with yDGpatch, it created also PNDNavigator.old done
    5. Renamed the ~tsystem to ttsystem done
    6. Put the map Europe_East 900.4602 I use the map 900.4600 (supported by 8841
    7. Extracted the ttgo.bif from loopback.ex3 which was made at the first use in the car (point 2) and copied it to SD root done

anyone can support me on this ?

Thanks

Well here is how i did it for my Laguna 2009:

1. Inserted a blank 2GB SD card FAT formatted in the car for it to create a loopback dir
    2. Used navcore 8841.453398 and extracted two files from ds1 folder to SD card root
    3. Patched navcore with Fastactivate and renamed ~tsystem to ttsystem
    4. Extracted the ttgo.bif from loopback.ex3 with explore2fs-1.08beta9 to the root of the SD card
    5. Copied the map to SD root, in my case Esteren.Europe.900.4608 and gave the .pna file same name as the map folder
    6. Activated the map with Fastactivate

Works for me now, i still need to get the voices in somehow tho...
    Last edited by Shark-357; 28th January 2013 at 21:48.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast