Thread: Computer Voices on OneXL 4S00.007

fritz42_male is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Computer Voices on OneXL 4S00.007

Can anyone tell me how to get computer voices working on the above unit. I have upgraded t0 Navcore 9.205. All the normal voices are there but no computer voices. I have tried downloading and extracting a computer voice.CAB file but it doesn't show up in voices.

Thanks

Mike

PS
    Links to downloads if possible please.

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 297 Posts

Re: Computer Voices on OneXL 4S00.007

For the ONE XL, you need a VocalizerTTS voice that has been modified for 32Mb devices. Instructions and downloads are here:

TTS Vocalizer voices (also Dutch, Italian and German)
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

Thanks for the reply and I'll try the Vocalizer option. However, I thought that some people had managed to get the Loquendo TTS working on this model?

EDIT: The Vocalizer works well although the voice control doesn't work at all - microphone shows but when I talk to it, it doesn't show voice activity in the little 'graph' thingy - I can't locate a microphone 'hole' - does this model even have a microphone on it? It has bluetooth so I kind of assumed it did.

Thanks for your help - superb!
    Last edited by fritz42_male; 24th March 2012 at 23:39.

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 297 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fritz42_male View Post
    Thanks for the reply and I'll try the Vocalizer option. However, I thought that some people had managed to get the Loquendo TTS working on this model?

EDIT: The Vocalizer works well although the voice control doesn't work at all - microphone shows but when I talk to it, it doesn't show voice activity in the little 'graph' thingy - I can't locate a microphone 'hole' - does this model even have a microphone on it? It has bluetooth so I kind of assumed it did.

Thanks for your help - superb!
    The ONE XL does not have a microphone, so you can't use voice commands even if the navcore has that function.
    The bluetooth on this model can only be used for file transfers - not handsfree or anything else.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

Thanks for the info - I was wondering if I was going nuts!

Mind you I can't see the point in adding Bluetooth just for file transfers - wonder what TomTom were thinking when they did this.