GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: need help on patching premium voices for tomtom iphone

Puffsan is offline Private
    Thanks

need help on patching premium voices for tomtom iphone

Hi, i just bought the tomtom app for iphone and i need help activating some of the voices ive downloaded from here.

Ive downloaded following tomtom voices

Mr T, and homer Metric
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...nd-imperial%29

Darth Vader metric:
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...h-Vader-Meters

Yoda uk yards
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...-Yards-Premium

C3PO uk Yards
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...voice-UK-Yards

Kitt Uk yards
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...%28official%29

The only voice that worked was Mr T. From what ive read i understand that i have to patch them but ive tried with no luck.

This is what i did, tried with homer metric:

1. Downoaded easytools.
    2. opened meta.txt in progs folder, and pasted the meta at the bottom of the text:
    ; data110_Homer metres 110
    D1 C7 C6 C2 AB 65 10 33 9E F7 79 39 C4 57 42 30 data110.chk

3. opened deviceID.txt and pasted in the device id (from what i've googled it should be AAHBQB2XJE for all tomtom apps)
    4. Opened insert_meta_from_map_here , deleted all the files inside and added the files for homer metric;
    data110.bmp
    data.110.chk
    data.110vif

5. launched RunMeforDCT.cmd . pressed option 1, and then option 1 again. got following result:

6. renamed the files in insert_meta_from_map_here to
    data55.bmp
    data55.chk
    data55.chk.dct
    data55.vif

7. pasted the files into my voices folder in my tomtom app using WinSCP.

when i try to pick the homer voice (which is japanese Kiyoshi) the app crashes.

I realize i am doing something wrong here. Ive never used easytools before and need some help on how to do this

hope some of you can help me

thanks

xmassacrex is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: need help on patching premium voices for tomtom iphone

hey puffsan. Have you tried not renaming the files of the other voice and kept the voice files in the insert_meta_from_map_here folder the same to see if they work that way. I think someone on another post has had the same issue and the problem was you couldnt rename the files.

Thanks

well, i dont actually rename the old japanese files. I let the homer files overwrite them. But i tried now to keep the japanese voice and just put homer files in aswell. Nothing comes up. I've read lots of places that you cant add extra files on your tomtom application for iphone, you can only overwrite already existing files.

Im pretty sure im doing the patching wrong somehow, since i got the already patched Mr T voice to work without any problems

am i doing the patching correct?

xmassacrex is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

from what i have read you cant just patch these voices to work on an iphone. in order to get them to work you have to have a voice already on your tomtom software with the same data as the one you want to use e.g. darth vadar is data101 which is exactly the same as one already on there.. hence why you have been able to get it to work, you cant just rename any ol file. at the moment it seems the only solution is for iphone users to share there voices with one another.

Thanks

i don't think that is correct. i've gotten two premium voices to work, Mr T and snoop. both voicefiles i had to rename to get to work.

i have also downloaded other voicepacks, that all worked after renaming, but the impersonating quality was very poor in my opinion so i wanted to get the real geniune ones from tomtom.

renaming isnt the problem, the problem seem to be how to patch. Maybe i need to patch it to other tomtom software first?

Thanks

Yesterday I was messing around with Easyusetools and was able to generate the activation files for the TomTom premium voices I was able to find on the internet. Since every iPhone has the same TomoTom Device ID (AAHBQB2XJE), maybe these files will work for everyone else. If anyone would like to try, here are the Premium voices I found:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gn2twymz20i

Billy Connolly (UK Yards)
    C3PO (UK Yards)
    Darth Vader (UK Meters)
    Darth Vader (UK Yards)
    Homer (UK Meters)
    Homer (UK Yards)
    KITT (UK Yards)
    Snoop Dog (UK Yards)
    Spongebob (UK Yards)
    Yoda (UK Yards)

To install, just copy the contents of each voice folder to the voices folder in the TomTom app folder via SSH/SFTP. I used the Brazilian TomTom version 1.4.1 but I guess the internal structure of the other TomTom apps are the same. Here's how it looks like:

Restart the TomTom app and they should be available.

Thanks

Here's what I did to create the activation files:

Step1: Edit the Easyusetools' Device ID text file with the Iphone code. AAHBQB2XJE

Step2: Edit the Easyusetools' Meta.txt to include the meta code of the file you want to crack. In this case I added the Dora de Explorer Meta code.

Step3: Copy only the dataXXX.chk file to the insert_meta_from_Map_here folder. (I guess it's ok to copy the other files, but it only needs the chk one)

Step4: Execute the RunMeForDCT file. Select option 1 and then 1 again. The outcome should look like this:

Step5: Check the insert_meta_from_Map_here folder for the dataXXX.chk.dct file.

You're done. To install, just copy the 4 files to the voices folder inside the TomTom app. In case of the the Dora de Explorer voice:

data95.bmp
    data95.chk
    data95.chk.dct
    data95.vif

Here's the Dora the Explorer (cracked for iPhone) voice:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n1o5nmmmjmzmdon
    Last edited by oraculo666; 15th July 2010 at 13:50.

Thanks

unfortunately i didnt get your files to appear. i tried to rename them and overwrite, but then when i try to pick voices they crash.

i tried to patch them myself, but i still get the " cant find *.meta' file.

is there any file im missing in that folder?

when i did this i managed to get homer metric to appear on my tomtom, but when i picked his voice it crashed :/

really dont know what i do wrong

i have tomtom western europe btw
    Last edited by Puffsan; 15th July 2010 at 16:37.

Thanks

It should work fine with the already unlocked voices. I had other people report they work fine with version 1.4.1.

Thanks

yea, its really sad, cause i have no idea what im doing wrong. to restart the app is just to press the home button right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast