Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: TTS Vocalizer voices (also Dutch, Italian and German)

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: TTS Vocalizer voices (also Dutch, Italian and German)

I have tried fiddling with Dutch Claire and Flemish Ellen (the voices, mind you) in order to get them to work on a Tomtom Carminat Live 9.844 but thusfar not successfully.
    I discovered that both Loquendo AND Vocalizer are present on the SD card, but Loquendo does not work and never will. Xander is on there, but in a slightly different file folder layout than the voices in this topic.
    I rearranged the files in Ellen, zipped up Xander and loaded Ellen on the SD card, but then the Carminat would not find any TTS voice at all. Evidently it needs more fiddling, but Carminat is a bit difficult to work with. Hardwarewise it seems a Go 1000-something, with 128 MB of RAM.
    I wonder if anyone else has taken apart his Carminat SD card with more success than I have.
    To be continued.

Megalos is offline First Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dickielightbar View Post
    Hi Megalos
    Any chance of a fresh link to the TTS claire voice that is actually IDA as I really would like correct (OK better) reading of danish road names.
    Thanks
    Sorry for the late reply. But I have bad news unfortunately. That file was removed for legal reasons, so I've decided to not upload this file again. Otherwise they will take it down again anyway probably. Again, sorry for the bad news .

MKPinner is offline Private
    Thanks

Hi Megalos

Could you perhaps release it as a torrent?

Many thanks

Mk

Thanks

No, I'm sorry. I'm not going to release the files again that have been taken down. Not via torrents, usenet, peer-to-peer, upload websites or any other way. I hope you can understand my decision ;-).

d3mon1977 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

hey thanks

Thanks

Hey Megalos, great work compiling all these voices!

However I'm having a problem I can't get my head around. I'm using the Spanish Mónica voice on a TT One and it works fairly well reading streetnames and all. The problem is with accents in Spanish: they are all replaced by other symbols (e.g. é gets mapped to ©, and ó to ³).

This affects street and sign names and also preset strings, e.g. después (later) is spelled "despu-derechos-de-autor-s" and kilómetro is spelled "kil-cúbico-metro". Btw: the word copyright translates to "derechos de autor".

I know this is a problem with the charset. But I don't know if there's a setting to change the voice's overall charset or I have to somehow re-encode (some of) the .dat files.

FYI: apdb-Monica.dat shows these words as "despu‚s" and "kil¢metro" in a different charset than read or should be.

I'm trying to fix this on my own at the moment and will post any findings, but any input will be much appreciated.

-------

UPDATE:
    [!] There are several people having problems with strange pronunciation of streetnames (or some strange words just before the streetname). This is a known problem and, so far, there is one solution: Use any NC8 or NC 9.024. Two other - possible - solutions are: 1. Deselect the 'Read aloud foreign street names' option in the 'Voice preferences' menu and 2. Go in the menu and tick 'Change Map' and then reselect the same map. I hope this may help people who have this problem.
    Ok, this seems to be vaguely pointing at the problem. I've read in some other boards that the problem is specific to Monica. This is NOT about foreign street names, because it's not limited to street names. It's about all words that have an accent/diacritic and probably >9.024 versions deliver the text with a different encoding to the TTS engine. I'm currently downloading 9.024 to test if this does the trick.

---------

UPDATE 2:
    I'm unable to find/install 9.024 for this ONE v8. So I'm stuck with the problem.
    Last edited by keystorm; 27th March 2013 at 18:27.

Thanks

Hi Keystorm, thanks for the information. Probably you'll need to edit the rex_spa.dat file to convert the é to an e etc. I have tried to do this, but maybe it still needs some tweaking. Could you try to replace the existing rex_spe.dat file with the one I attached? You first need to extract the file from the .rar archive.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

UPDATE 4/11/2013: I have removed all files as they were taken offline for legal reasons. I'm not re-uploading any files, not via torrents, usenet, peer-to-peer, upload websites or in any other way. I hope you can understand my decision once again ;-). Sorry.

zephir is offline Private
    Thanks

Hello

I downloaded the French voice Thomas and Virginia.
    The original version of 8412 there is an English voice: "Samantha" which works perfectly but the structure of "VocalizerTTS" folder is not at all the same as those provided by the link (page 7)
    The TTS voice, either Thomas or Virginia Samantha does not appear in the options tomtom, then that comes with 8.12 navcore (Samantha) will appear in the options and operational.

Thank you in advance for your help

Bonjour

J'ai téléchargé les voix françaises Thomas et Virginie.
    A l'origine sur la version 8.412 il y a une voix anglaise : "Samantha" qui fonctionne parfaitement mais la structure du dossier "VocalizerTTS" n'est pas du tout la même que ceux fournis par le lien (page 7)
    Les voix TTS, que ce soit Thomas, Virginie ou Samantha n'apparaissent pas dans les options du tomtom, alors que celle fournie avec le navcore 8.12 (Samantha) apparait dans les options et est opérationnelle.

Merci d'avance pour votre aide
    Last edited by zephir; 13th June 2013 at 14:40.

Thanks

Hi, I've also tried to get Ellen (Dutch) working on my TomTom Carminat (Renault built-in TomTom device) but I was unsuccessful.
    I did, however, use the 'TomTom Android VAutoTTS'-voices I found on torrents as my TomTom SD-card already had a VAutoTTS folder.

All voices loaded up except these 4:
    - Ellen (Belgian Dutch)
    - Sangeeta (Indian English)
    - Eszter (Hungarian)
    - Laura (Slovak)

I'm gonna try to figure out what so special about these 4 that they don't work.

btw, I don't know if anyone noticed, but these voices are the voices you can get from the Nuance TTS software: Nuance - Vocalizer 5 - Interactive Demo and Vocalizer Languages - Nuance

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 27th May 2012, 07:36
  2. 3rd May 2012, 05:30
  3. 16th March 2012, 21:38
  4. 10th January 2012, 20:49
  5. 23rd December 2011, 07:13
  6. 24th August 2011, 13:36