Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: TTS Vocalizer voices (also Dutch, Italian and German)

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: TTS Vocalizer voices (also Dutch, Italian and German)

Quote Originally Posted by chas521 View Post
    Questions: Is there a way to put TTS on 8.010? I can't find any entries "ttsoff" to delete. I know it's not recommended but is there any way to update my bootloader to a version that can read SD cards?
    Bootloader: Easy. Download bootloader 5.5022 or 5.5128 (recommended) and place it on either the internal memory of the one XL or on a small (<2GB) SD card. Reboot your Tomtom and let it update its bootloader automatically.
    You can download it from many sources, but I would advise to download it from Tomtom directly. Since they do not offer bootloaders separatately, download the cab for navcore 8.412 which contains bootloader 5.5128:

Code:
    http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/8.412.xl2009_live_2048.CAB-navcore-XL_LIVE.cab
    Open this cab and copy the file SYSTEM (Not TTSYSTEM) to your tomtom. This is the file which will write the new bootloader into the EPROM once restarted. Ensure that the battery of your Tomtom is fully charged before doing this.

Other issue, TTS on 8.010: There are probably ways that tomtom has prevented this, but nothing stops you from using SE Navcore 8.417 or SE 8.562 which are patched in all ways. They will even be snappier than 9.026 since your Tomtom has only 32 MB and 266 MHz of CPU.

One more thing: a 4GB SD card is not really standard and it might be possible that it does not work even after the bootloader upgrade. 4 GB and bigger cards should always be SDHC spec. Simple SD cards officially go up to 2 GB.
    Get a Class4 or Class6 card for proper performance.

Megalos is offline First Sergeant
    Thanks

heijx is right. On the 8.010, you were unable to find the ttsoff switch. This is because your 8.010 is an official one, not a SE one. The switches are applicable only to SE versions. Besides 8.417 and 8.562, you could also try 8.544, but all three should work fine.

Thanks

Hi,

what's a SE navcore ?

thks

jarkita is offline Captain
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,889 Times in 61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by polter View Post
    Hi,
    what's a SE navcore?
    Why not search ... http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...-vs-SE-navcore
    rgds jarkita
    TT Onev1, 9.430 by bmwdriver, 900.4602-> UK&RoI, Europe; 895.4438 -> PL.
    No support over PM - check Tomtom Tutorials Section and ask within forums.
    Biggest lie in the inernet: I searched but did not find.

chas521 is offline Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heijx View Post
    Bootloader: Easy. Download bootloader 5.5022 or 5.5128 (recommended) and place it on either the internal memory of the one XL or on a small (<2GB) SD card. Reboot your Tomtom and let it update its bootloader automatically.
    You can download it from many sources, but I would advise to download it from Tomtom directly. Since they do not offer bootloaders separatately, download the cab for navcore 8.412 which contains bootloader 5.5128:

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/nav...re-XL_LIVE.cab

Open this cab and copy the file SYSTEM (Not TTSYSTEM) to your tomtom. This is the file which will write the new bootloader into the EPROM once restarted. Ensure that the battery of your Tomtom is fully charged before doing this.

Other issue, TTS on 8.010: There are probably ways that tomtom has prevented this, but nothing stops you from using SE Navcore 8.417 or SE 8.562 which are patched in all ways. They will even be snappier than 9.026 since your Tomtom has only 32 MB and 266 MHz of CPU.

One more thing: a 4GB SD card is not really standard and it might be possible that it does not work even after the bootloader upgrade. 4 GB and bigger cards should always be SDHC spec. Simple SD cards officially go up to 2 GB.
    Get a Class4 or Class6 card for proper performance.
    Thank you very much for this wonderful information. FYI, my card is SDHC 4GB class4. I knew that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalos View Post
    heijx is right. On the 8.010, you were unable to find the ttsoff switch. This is because your 8.010 is an official one, not a SE one. The switches are applicable only to SE versions. Besides 8.417 and 8.562, you could also try 8.544, but all three should work fine.
    Let me see if I understand you correctly, all I have to so is d/l and extract 8.417SE or 8.562SE to my internal to my already 8.010 or do I have to upgrade 8.010 also?
    Last edited by chas521; 10th June 2010 at 13:57.

Thanks

Your ONE XL uses either the internal memory, or the SD(HC) card, not both. Since not all of the stuff fits on the internal memory, you have to put it on the SDHC card. But therefore, you need to upgrade the bootloader first, otherwise your TT won't see the SDHC card. I always start with formatting the SD card (but make a backup from everything first, in case something goes wrong). Then I put the SE NavCore on it (I would suggest the SE 8.562 or SE 8.544). After that I put the map on it (in your case North_America_845_2645). Then start the TT and it will say that you can't use the map. Then connect the TT to the computer again and patch the map. When you start the TT again, it will accept the map.

Also, read these tutorials: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...it-from-basics, they are very good!
    Last edited by Megalos; 10th June 2010 at 14:17.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megalos View Post
    Your ONE XL uses either the internal memory, or the SD(HC) card, not both. Since not all of the stuff fits on the internal memory, you have to put it on the SDHC card. But therefore, you need to upgrade the bootloader first, otherwise your TT won't see the SDHC card. I always start with formatting the SD card (but make a backup from everything first, in case something goes wrong). Then I put the SE NavCore on it (I would suggest the SE 8.562 or SE 8.544). After that I put the map on it (in your case North_America_845_2645). Then start the TT and it will say that you can't use the map. Then connect the TT to the computer again and patch the map. When you start the TT again, it will accept the map.

Also, read these tutorials: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...it-from-basics, they are very good!
    What an excellent post! One more thing [and I think this is one of the places I went wrong], on the SD card should only be the SE navcore and NOT with the Basicpack plus the maps and VocalizerTTS? And map patching is where for the program? Thanks again.

jarkita is offline Captain
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,889 Times in 61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chas521 View Post
    What an excellent post! One more thing [and I think this is one of the places I went wrong], on the SD card should only be the SE navcore and NOT with the Basicpack plus the maps and VocalizerTTS? And map patching is where for the program? Thanks again.
    SE navcore = SE basicpack + SE ttsystem plus map as a minimum, you can add TTS, mp3s etc as you like to use - all on SD together.
    rgds jarkita
    TT Onev1, 9.430 by bmwdriver, 900.4602-> UK&RoI, Europe; 895.4438 -> PL.
    No support over PM - check Tomtom Tutorials Section and ask within forums.
    Biggest lie in the inernet: I searched but did not find.

Thanks

I myself always use Albert's EasyActivator 5 for activating/patching the maps. You can find it here:
    For more information on activating/patching maps, see the second tutorial in the link I gave you. And as Jarkita already said: with SE NavCore, I mean SE basicpack + SE ttsystem.

Thanks

I just want to say thank you to all you members who participated here. I learned what I had to and now [hopefully] get it right without screwing it up somehow. Plus I guarantee there were a lot of other members reading this thread but were too afraid to participate.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 27th May 2012, 07:36
  2. 3rd May 2012, 05:30
  3. 16th March 2012, 21:38
  4. 10th January 2012, 20:49
  5. 23rd December 2011, 07:13
  6. 24th August 2011, 13:36