GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: duplicate voice names

bass junkie is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

duplicate voice names

hi guys i have some great voices on my tomtom, i also want to put on another one but they have the same number after them..for example.. i have erci cartman voice as 84...working fine, i have download the kitt voice which is also 84...i have renamed the numbers in each file to 85 and edited the .vif file with notepad to also 85....but the kitt voice doesnt work??...do i need the meta file for each name ?..i use fastactivate which creates the.dct file...but still cant get it to work...any help and advice will be great..ta

norbert51 is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: duplicate voice names

voices with code can not change the number

norbert
    TomTom Go 730>NavCore SE 9.430>Europe 925.5412

anthonygos is offline Private
    Thanks

Can I ask you what you mean by (voices with code can not change the number) is it the ones with the meta files...? I can't get any of them to work...!

hussain13 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Hi Norbert51,

The number at the end of Dataxx must match Meta text number or by changing the number from 84 to 85 you have told Fastactivate that the voice is a none existant voice, see extract from Meta.txt below;
    7F 31 76 6E F8 A7 D4 52 AD 3E 21 3E F3 20 6D 40 data84.chk ; data84_KITT (UK yards)
    73 D2 A7 58 88 BC EE 7D A2 88 8E 82 9F A6 0A 7E data85.chk ; data85

Running fastactivate also casuses another problem (on some models) in that a dct file is created for all voices listed in the Meta.txt file and this kills none-premium voices with the same numbers as the dct files. The only way to get around this is to delete the none premium dct files.

Hope this helps you and others.