- use prime quality media
    - use supported dvd writer
    - set book-type DVD-ROM
    LexUsEu
    Say Thanks, or pin a star [if useful]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LexUsEu For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Gen. 4 Release 10.1 North America

LexUsEu, thanks for replying.. This is my first time trying to burn a DVD, so please bear with me for my lack of knowledge in the area

- By prime quality media, do you mean the blank DVD disc? I bought Verbatim 8.5GB DVD+R DL, and I've read around, so this should be ok.
    - supported dvd writer: My DVD is PLDS DVD+RW DH-16A6S ATA drive, (with Dual layer write capable, just read my old order receipt). I googled and know it's LITE-ON. I'm not sure if it's supported or not. how do i check for that?
    - set book type to DVD-ROM: this is the biggest trouble, i believe:
    I used nero to burn one disc, car didnt recognize it. Then I used imgburn 2.5.7.0 (latest) to burn at speed 2.4x , car didnt recognize either. I tried to change the book type, but i couldnt:
    Under lite-on tab, any selection for "Change for:" give me Current Setting: Unknown FAILED), reason: invalid field in cdb.
    except one selection: Current Media (for dvd+rw media), then Current Setting shows "DVD+R DL", I changed it to New Setting: "DVD-ROM", click Change > Failed, Invalid field in CDB.
    Here's the screen shot: http://i.imgur.com/ZBSEq.jpg .
    I will keep researching for "Invalid field in CDB", but if you can help, that's great and I really appreciate. Thanks for your time reading

p/s: and the iso i got is from the torrent of this thread. I saw the other thread with the same version, Gen4 10.1 NA, but slightly bigger size (7.79GB vs 7.3). Does it matter? I believe it's the booktype != DVD-ROM that makes it not working.

Thanks

Ok so I finally did it. The torrent in this thread does not work, at least not for me. I used the one from the other thread, which is basically this one:
    Lexus Toyota North America Navigation DVD Gen 4 v 10.1 - Demonoid (quite some seeders, should be < 1 day)

I used a Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5GB, using imgburn as the software, speed does not matter, i selected 8x (instead of 2.4x), faster but riskier i guess?? . booktype: you can't really change those, I gave up and just burn it with no settings changed (using my 5th, last DVD). it works after inserting into the car DVD. all map updated to 2010.

deputylynch is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Come on folks; who has the Gen. 4 v11.1 to share?

THANKS!!

Thanks

I posted a long reply on how I was able to do it, using the torrent from the other thread, not this one. but the post never seem to get approved!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lai Viet Dung View Post
    I posted a long reply on how I was able to do it, using the torrent from the other thread, not this one. but the post never seem to get approved!!!
    I am still not able to get the DVD disc burned. I'm using DVD+R DL media, with a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653G DVD burner. I also used the imgburn software but I think it is not allowing me to set the book-type. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

I repeat, the torrent /iso file at the begin of this sticky thread does not work. I've tried burning 2, 3 DVDs using that image and my Gen4 (lexus 2006 GS) did not recognize the disc.

I ended up burning one iso downloading from here:
    http://www.demonoid.ph/files/details...age=1#comments

Burning: you actually dont have to change book type (i didnt, i couldnt anyway). Everything should just be as smooth as insert blank DVD (must be dual layer DVD 9GB size, not 4.7GB). Then select the iso, then burn. (speed does not matter I select highest speed 8x or so, however if you want to be careful and wait longer you could select 4x as recommended).

Good luck

Thanks

As soon as i post a link in here, the forum say my post will be reviewed by admin, which it never did. (stupid mechanism).

Again, the torrent in this sticky thread does not work (at least for me, i wasted 4 DVDs on it). I use this one:
    go to demonoid [dot] ph , search for torrent using this keywords "lexus toyota north america gen 4", search result should show the torrent that have a size 7.79GB instead of 7.3GB like the one in this thread
    burning is simple, you cant/dont have to change the book type. Has to be DVD with 9GB Size instead of normal DVD 4.7GB size

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lai Viet Dung View Post
    ...search result should show the torrent that have a size 7.79GB instead of 7.3GB like the one in this thread
    burning is simple, you cant/dont have to change the book type. Has to be DVD with 9GB Size instead of normal DVD 4.7GB size
    Finally got this to work after trying three different devices. If someone needs help/suggestions, shoot me an IM.

nesmagu is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Toyota Gen4 Version 10.1 2011

Links on FilePost:

Download by parts:
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part01.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part02.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part03.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part04.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part05.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part06.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part07.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part08.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part09.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part10.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part11.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part12.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part13.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part14.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part15.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part16.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part17.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part18.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part19.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part20.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part21.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part22.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part23.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part24.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part25.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part26.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download Toyota_DVD_Navigation_NA_2011.part27.rar - fast & secure!
    Last edited by nesmagu; 5th June 2012 at 18:59.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast