Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Toyota-Lexus GEN5 Nav v11.1 Released on usenet

war9200 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Toyota-Lexus GEN5 Nav v11.1 Released on usenet

Burned it again with a different burner, worked now, thanks.

Thanks

I downloaded the .nrg on piratebay then used imgburner with dvd-rom book type with verbatim DVD+R but it says "unable to read" in my 2008 IS350. Any idea why it would do that?

I have a LG burner that supports double layer if that helps.

Thanks

I would also like to add that I tried pulling the battery with the original OEM navigation disc in my car and plugging it back in and it still wouldn't read the new one.

motch6 is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vl221 View Post
    I would also like to add that I tried pulling the battery with the original OEM navigation disc in my car and plugging it back in and it still wouldn't read the new one.
    I too recently download the LexusNav11_1_Gen5.nrg file from the Pirate Bay. I finally got it to work after burning it 4 times.

Steps that worked:
    Upgraded my Firmware on my Lite-On iHAS424 B
    Dowloaded Imageburn
    Set the following settings in Imageburn: Choose Burn Image to Disc., Write Speed at 4x speed, In the bottom right corner there is an icon for Change Book Type - click on it and pick your device Brand, choose change for: Drive for DVD+R DL mode, then click on dropdown for New Setting: Select DVD-ROM (this apprently is the crucial part), click on change and it will then tell you the current setting. Click OK. Then your good to go: Click on Write Icon that should now be highlighted. (Also, note, you must have your writable media in the drive FIRST before making these settings).
    Change the disc out in your Nav system, it will take a minute to load eveything. All should be good!
    PS: Media used: Verbatim (DVD+R DL) 8x speed rated.

Steps that DID NOT work:
    Did not update Firmware
    Used Alcohol 120% (which usually always works for buring images; including .iso and .nrg files.)
    Tried 3 times and it, for some reason, did not want to burn correctly.
    I also tried converting the .nrg to an .iso (although that process worked it also did not burn correctly to disc)

Hope the above HELPS those trying this process of burning an image to disc. I have read on some other sites that some Lexus models (that may include your IS350) have to be taken to the dealer to have them reconfigure something in your Nav system before an update can be made. Unfortunately I can't remember what model car requires this. Sorry.

Current SPECS:
    2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    Gen 5 Navigation
    Current Version: 11.1 (that came from .nrg image file LexusNav11_1_Gen5.nrg)
    Currently looking for Version: 12.1 to download

Thanks

Cool Re: Toyota-Lexus GEN5 Nav v11.1 Released on usenet

Quote Originally Posted by vl221 View Post
    I too recently download the LexusNav11_1_Gen5.nrg file from the Pirate Bay. I finally got it to work after burning it 4 times.

Steps that worked:
    Dowloaded Imageburn
    Set the following settings in Imageburn: Choose Burn Image to Disc., Write Speed at 4x speed, In the bottom right corner there is an icon for Change Book Type - click on it and pick your device Brand, choose change for: Drive for DVD+R DL mode, then click on dropdown for New Setting: Select DVD-ROM (this apprently is the crucial part), click on change and it will then tell you the current setting. Click OK. Then you're good to go: Click on Write Icon that should now be highlighted. (Also, note, you must have your writable media in the drive FIRST before making these settings).
    Change the disc out in your Nav system, it will take a minute to load eveything. All should be good!

Steps that DID NOT work:
    Did not update Firmware
    Used Alcohol 120% (which usually always works for buring images; including .iso and .nrg files.)
    I also tried converting the .nrg to an .iso (although that process worked it also did not burn correctly to disc)

Hope the above HELPS those trying this process of burning an image to disc. I have read on some other sites that some Lexus models (that may include your IS350) have to be taken to the dealer to have them reconfigure something in your Nav system before an update can be made. Unfortunately I can't remember what model car requires this. Sorry.

Current SPECS:
    2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    Gen 5 Navigation

Thanks

Where I download Toyota-Lexus GEN5 Nav v11.1 North America 2011

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markogb View Post
    Where I download Toyota-Lexus GEN5 Nav v11.1 North America 2011
    type The Pirate Bay into your search engine. When on that site do a search for: LexusNav11_1_Gen5.nrg

You'll find it there.

Thanks

Anyone got a link for the gen 5 12.1? I've been running the 11.1 disc for the last year.

Thanks

I burned img using powerISO no need to change any setting except burn at like 4x and you should be good.

Thanks

i just did the exact same thing. but the override hack doesnt work? i unplugged the fuses and the battery to make sure it all resets... the maps work fine...but no override function? did i have to do anything special before burning to get the override working?

Quote Originally Posted by motch6 View Post

Steps that worked:
    Dowloaded Imageburn
    Set the following settings in Imageburn: Choose Burn Image to Disc., Write Speed at 4x speed, In the bottom right corner there is an icon for Change Book Type - click on it and pick your device Brand, choose change for: Drive for DVD+R DL mode, then click on dropdown for New Setting: Select DVD-ROM (this apprently is the crucial part), click on change and it will then tell you the current setting. Click OK. Then your good to go: Click on Write Icon that should now be highlighted. (Also, note, you must have your writable media in the drive FIRST before making these settings).

Steps that DID NOT work:
    Did not update Firmware

Current SPECS:
    2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    Gen 5 Navigation

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast