Hi I would like help in purchasing a DVD burner that is capable of burning DL Verbatim discs or any disc at 1X. Its hard to find im using Asus DRW-24B5ST and its only burning min 4x and I cant find a firmware that allows a lower burn speed. Also tried different softwares like IMGburn, Nero, alcohol and clone dvd. Help and Thanks in advance
Last edited by funkoligy; 7th November 2013 at 12:11.
I have liteon ihas 124b with iXtreme burner Max. Success burn speed 6,8,12 and max 16, and every dvd work in sat nav. Only Verbatim DVD+R MCC-004-00 all time used. Stop searching writers who burns one speed. It is not necessary.
How it works:
1. DVD Burner - lite-on iHas 124b/AL0S/ + iXtreme Burner Max
2. Verbatim DVD+R 4,7gb /MCC-004-00/
3. ImgBurn- free soft.
4. Download edited iso torrent.
5. Open ImgBurn, clik write image file to disc,please select a file/browse for a file,select iso image. In bottom right corner press change book type/find lite-on/change for-select drive(for DVD+R media), new setting- DVD-ROM,click change and OK. Click Change Advanced Settings-find lite-on-set Force Hypertuning-enabled,Online HyperTuning-enabled,Overspeed-disabled,SmartBurn-enabled,Clear OPC History-N/A.Everything press new setting and click change. Write speed can be 6 or 8 or max. Im tested,every working fine. My choice is 8.
6. After burning just put dvd to satnav and enjoy new maps. If some problem with update,just disconnect battery for minimum 5 minutes. Before disconnecting take dvd out from satnav. Reconnect battery and put dvd again to satnav.