Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Software update for VDO Dayton 5400 Pro

hell is offline Brigadier General
    Thanks

Re: Software update for VDO Dayton 5400 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by woosh_speed View Post
    Hello.

Is this update also useable for a vdo dayton MS5000 / PC5000? And what maps can/should I use
    no, for that device you need an update called MO5076 , you may guess it will bring up your device to v760. regardless of the update you can use non-ciq maps, if you need Europe you can find the crispy fresh ones here:

Europackage - VDO Dayton non C-IQ CD-Pack v.2012/2013

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hell For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hell View Post
    no, for that device you need an update called MO5076 , you may guess it will bring up your device to v760. regardless of the update you can use non-ciq maps, if you need Europe you can find the crispy fresh ones here:

Europackage - VDO Dayton non C-IQ CD-Pack v.2012/2013
    Hi,
    thanks for your reply. I burned the Benelux map on cd, he start u my system, but he doesn't navigate. I see the map, but not my position. I will update the system with MO5076 first to make sure he has the latest software. But I can't check the diagnostics in the settings menu. He askes for a code first, wich I don't have. Is that a problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woosh_speed View Post
    Hi,
    thanks for your reply. I burned the Benelux map on cd, he start u my system, but he doesn't navigate. I see the map, but not my position. I will update the system with MO5076 first to make sure he has the latest software. But I can't check the diagnostics in the settings menu. He askes for a code first, wich I don't have. Is that a problem?
    the code is 6330 to your unit, but you can check the gps reception on the bottom part of the screen just next to the little satellite dish icon. if that shows zer0 this means there is something wrong with the aerial.

Thanks

Exists for pc5600 Czech sound? Czech text works but the sound is in English?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luban748 View Post
    Exists for pc5600 Czech sound? Czech text works but the sound is in English?
    officially there is no Czech menu or voice in the pc5400, however it turns out that the there is Czech text in the menu (hidden/disabled) and there is Czech voice for the pc5600/5700 on the same firmware disc (MO5712)

bottom line czech menu+voice can be enabled with a modified disc, if you see czech text on your pc5400 somebody has already 'hacked' it with a slightly modified disc (voice files are not protected). by the way you should check the other voice in your headunit, you may be lucky

Thanks

After examination, I found that my unit is pc5600. After inserting the cd (5712) I recorded the Czech language and navigation still speaks English. The menu is Czech. Czech voice probably does not exist. :-(

Thanks

there IS czech language on that mo5712. czech is OFFICIALLY supported on pc5600. use the language settings menu to change the language, but DO NOT ONLY change the text. load other languages from disc to BOTH slots and then load czech and something else again.

Thanks

Thanks for your help. Problem solved. :-) I used a voice from the setup cd Opel navigation system. I removed the Czech voice file csf. Replaced with him to the Czech voice (CD5712), and fired. Now he speaks Czech navigation. :-) CD5712 does not Czech, Slovak, Polish, Slovenian voice it's all English.

Thanks

well the point is that it works now, but no offense czech and slovak is just slightly different (a few accents) , anyway here is the list of files from the mo5712 , voice files folder (0550) for pc5600, you can see czech is the first one

cz_f.csf
    d_f.csf
    d_f_b.csf
    dk_f.csf
    e_f.csf
    e_f_b.csf
    e_m.csf
    f_f.csf
    f_m.csf
    fi_f.csf
    gb_f.csf
    gb_f_b.csf