Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VDO on MS4150RS

bimox is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: VDO on MS4150RS

Upgrade on VDO Dayton Suzuki MS 4150 MP3 P&A.

Hi, I've reached this forum following the instruction of an italian suzuki forum.

I tried to load supercode Italian CD and seems working, even if I've not been able to upgrade FW of the unit.

My system screen says HW 0131 and SW 0200... I've tried to burn the image 4265RS, but when I insert the cd nothing happens.

Is this image the right one for me? Seems that i'd need version 5.53 reading this: http://www.hxs.de/CARiN.htm

Some suggestions?

Thanks, bye

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,559 Times in 173 Posts

Maybe you are not a fool but doing what you described comes very close. You could have bricked your unit inserting the wrong cd my frien. All this useless information about updating also originates from the TeleAtlas website where they tell you a lot of nonsense

You are not talking about a 4150RS but the Suzuki equivalent, OEM manufactured with a completely different hardware and software. There is no update available for this unit and all units came out of the factory Supercode ready.
    That is why the SC CD was accepted immediately
    Last edited by gazo; 15th September 2010 at 18:40.
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

hell is offline Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bimox View Post
    Upgrade on VDO Dayton Suzuki MS 4150 MP3 P&A.

Hi, I've reached this forum following the instruction of an italian suzuki forum.

I tried to load supercode Italian CD and seems working, even if I've not been able to upgrade FW of the unit.

My system screen says HW 0131 and SW 0200... I've tried to burn the image 4265RS, but when I insert the cd nothing happens.

Is this image the right one for me? Seems that i'd need version 5.53 reading this: http://www.hxs.de/CARiN.htm

Some suggestions?

Thanks, bye
    do you have an original language cd for your suzuki headunit? it is probably provided with the car from factory

Thanks

Yes, i have the original language CD, why?

Gazo, i don't think to be completely fool supposing that Suzuki model was equivalent to MS4150RS... I didn't read anything on Teleatlas site about fw upgrade.

By the way thank you for your fast answer and availability. Now i know that my unit was Supercode ready. In fact i just tried to navigate in my zone and it works with new SC CD.

hell is offline Colonel
    Thanks

Yes, i have the original language CD, why?

Gazo, i don't think to be completely fool supposing that Suzuki model was equivalent to MS4150RS... I didn't read anything on Teleatlas site about fw upgrade.

By the way thank you for your fast answer and availability. Now i know that my unit was Supercode ready. In fact i just tried to navigate in my zone and it works with new SC CD.
    could you share that language cd with me? i am interested in that, but i could not find it anywhere :/ a rapidshare or any other fileshare upload of the cd image would be nice! if it is a problem i can give you ftp space for this upload. thank you in advance

Thanks

Gazo, i don't think to be completely fool supposing that Suzuki model was equivalent to MS4150RS.
    You acted foolishly to try to update a piece of equipment without realizing you inserted the wrong cd.
    This could have lead to disaster!

hell is offline Colonel
    Thanks

fortunatelly these vdo units are well protected against 'wrong' software loads... btw i understand the situation, probably it happened because one can read everywhere that this suzuki unit is identical with vdo 4150rs or oem version or 4150rs etc, which is obviously misleading

Thanks

Of course i can. Not immediatly, but as soon as i can.
    Could you indicate image format, files size and your preferred fileshare site? Otherwise, an ftp space is welcome too.

Thanks

Yes and also on owner's manual there is written MS 4150 RS MP3

Thanks

All Suzuki head units, navigation radio´s and custom built/in units come with the manual MS4150RS MP3
    Indeed this is quite misleading and many an owner has been left completely frustrated after finding out the thought of software update was not accepted by the system
    Also at Suzuki dealerships there seems to be no one being aware of this situation

TeleAtlas is still selling the MO4265 SW as being suitable for the Suzuki navigation device
    http://navigation.teleatlas.com/en/s...sr-pr6777.html

It has been brought to their attention that the information is wrong but nothing is being done to correct this

Only if you have fitted an after-market MS4150 RS/MP3 yourself, can the software be upgraded to 0650
    Last edited by gazo; 16th September 2010 at 08:58.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast