Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help with identification of VDO system

afhaaljap is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Help with identification of VDO system

Hello everybody,

My friend has recently bought a 2nd hand audio system for his car. It came from a wrecked Audi RS2 and was really cheap.
    The only problem was, that the manuals were not included. I figured this was no problem since all the cables were there neatly packed in bundels and the manuals could be found online.

However I'm finding it difficult to identify the system, as there's no label on the nav computer. I've been looking around and there were a few options. I was thinking it could be a PC5000 or a PC3100, maybe a PC5100. The screen it was connected to, was a Kenwood screen, so no clues there as to which PC system it could be.

Could someone please help me identify the system and point me to the right map CD?

Included was a nav CD that reads: Tele Atlas Navigation, VDO Dayton logo, TMC logo and BENELUX 2000-I
    Also on the back of the PC system there's a sticker that reads: 594/00 Incl.4 KW03/00 (as seen in picture nr. 3)

Here are a few picture's I took:
    Help with identification of VDO system-img_0169.jpgHelp with identification of VDO system-img_0170.jpgHelp with identification of VDO system-img_0171.jpgHelp with identification of VDO system-img_0172.jpgHelp with identification of VDO system-img_0173.jpg

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by afhaaljap; 22nd December 2012 at 18:07.

hell is offline Brigadier General
    Thanks

Re: Help with identification of VDO system

it's a pc5000 system, if you took it out of the sleeve you could see it on the sticker anyway take a look here:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/vdo-...-c-iq-cds.html

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hell For This Useful Post:

afhaaljap is offline Corporal
    Thanks

@hell,

thanks for the reply! I'll have a look

BossHog is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

You wanna do whát with that screwdriver?

Read this thread for a quick usenet-reader-setup: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/feed...et-manual.html
    Look in my profile for more usenet-info: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/member.php?u=301179
    PM possible in English-Deutsch-Nederlands: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/priv...newpm&u=301179
    High quality gps antennas: http://gps-antenne.nl/ (GPSU members get 20% discount use code GPSU at checkout)

Thanks

Hi sorry for cutting in, but i need a little help.

I have a vdo system that says:
    Serial number SY594/00
    HW-number 0102
    SW-number 0690

Help with identification of VDO system-img_0338.jpgHelp with identification of VDO system-img_0336.jpg

Witch system is this, and where can i find maps for scandinavia or some card that has denmark, germany exc..?

Another think, the screen is 16:9 but the image is 4:3. Can i fix this with an update and if so where can i find it...?

This is a great forum but when you are a noob like me its a bit wild with all the numbers and different map types, but i hope to learn in time

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guldman View Post
    Hi sorry for cutting in, but i need a little help.

I have a vdo system that says:
    Serial number SY594/00
    HW-number 0102
    SW-number 0690

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0338.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	7961Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0336.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	7962

Witch system is this, and where can i find maps for scandinavia or some card that has denmark, germany exc..?

Another think, the screen is 16:9 but the image is 4:3. Can i fix this with an update and if so where can i find it...?

This is a great forum but when you are a noob like me its a bit wild with all the numbers and different map types, but i hope to learn in time

it is an an other pc5000, for maps see post #2 in this thread.

about the display go to the service menu (code 6330) and check if the display is set to 16:9, an other possibility that you have a mm5000 display behind some factory surround, if this is the case there are three buttons on the top of the display if you press all three at the same time you will have a setup menu where you can set it to 16:9 / 4;3 , enable or disable the internal speaker etc. if the screen is not mm5000 but an OEM screen there might be some other reason.. throw some more details on us

Thanks

Thanks, you are my hero. I'm now in 16.9 mode.

The screen is an mm5000 and its build in to my BMW e46 with a bracket from ac schnitzer. 4 screws and i was there, easy when you know..

Now ill try the map update but i still need the software update for the ms5000 if anyone knows where i can find it ill be thankful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guldman View Post
    Thanks, you are my hero. I'm now in 16.9 mode.

The screen is an mm5000 and its build in to my BMW e46 with a bracket from ac schnitzer. 4 screws and i was there, easy when you know..

Now ill try the map update but i still need the software update for the ms5000 if anyone knows where i can find it ill be thankful.
    well software update is not necessary to use updated maps but if you want you can find the latest version here:

VDO Navigation OS update MO5076 (download torrent) - TPB

bleeuwtje is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

when you need some help for this system.
    I have everything:
    sw 5070 / 5076
    Maps 2012 2013

Living Holland Zaltbommel

jmml is offline Private
    Thanks

Hi.

Can anyone help me identifying and changing language in this unit.

Philips Carin installed on 12/1999 Opel Vectra.
    Ident-Nr: SY582/7 (i think there is a number after this one but i'm not sure)
    Hw-ID: 0203
    Sw-ID: 0230
    PR.-DATUM: 99/41

I think this is a CARIN 440 but i'm not sure. The unit has deutch language and i don't understand. I thibk i need the system cd to change language.

Best regards

José Luís

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast