Thread: Map issues after fw3810 update

Map issues after fw3810 update

Hi ive been running my RNS 510 (C version now D after update H11) on FW 2660 with maps V7 however i recently updated FW3810 (as FW4020 would not load) and tried to install map V8 which will not load onto the Hdd it gets nearly to the end then asks you to insert navigation disc ? the navi runs fine when using map v8 disc in the drive !! just wont install on Hdd ? ive now re-installed map v7 however now when i press "select map detail" it hangs saying "please wait" it also hangs when i press "POI selection" i use to get all the speed cams and other map icon i.e shopping petrol stations before now nothing ?

Re: Map issues after fw3810 update

Where did you get your copy of '3810' from?

It sounds like you have grabbed a copy of 3810 which is not suited to Euro map sizes. Some versions of 3810 on the internet have the ability to re-size your HDD. The Australian/NZ versions will split your HDD into 90%/5%/5% (Music/Map/POI). If you have picked up an Aus/NZ version, then the map partition will only be 1.5GB (maximum partition size for a 30GB HDD). Euro maps are 4GB+

If you are in Europe, then you could read this thread http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...its-70579.html, download another copy of 3810 from that website/forum, and then try to reload your maps. I feel confident this will solve your issue.
    Last edited by FJ Steve; 5th May 2012 at 15:31.

I think i got it from a link on here (3810a_noru is the file name if that helps) , my map v7 has installed ok back on the hdd but im sure its now in 3 partitions at what % i dont know, is there any other 3*** FW i could try ? although ive only found 3810.

the big difference in going to 3810 is that it will split your HDD into 3 partitions. All FW versions prior to 3810 only ever gave you 2 partitions. The additional partition is to provide room for Personal POI's (created from programs like POI Inspector).

I would get a copy of 3810 from the link I gave you. Install that. Then try and load V8 maps.

4020 is not going to give you anything different/better in regard to ability/performance. Just bragging rights...nothing more (IMHO).

cool thanks i will try and find the 3810 on there web site and let you know thanks

ok...re-reading that link...it appears 4xxx is the version available for you (can't see links to 3810).

So...try that version of 4xxx and then your maps. Should be fine.

I found the link to the euro 3810 in your link it was on page 4, i did originally use the link on that site for 4020 which would not install on my RNS510. but as you said it wont give me anything better than 3810.

I tried another version of fw3810 and im still having the same problem "select map detail" still hangs and POI ? however after deleting EDB file (read somewhere to do this) from map v8 i managed to get it onto a DVD and it installed fine on my RNS510, dont know why it would not accept my DVD DL+R (may be if i had a -R it might have worked) but still does not explain why it hangs even when i had the full version of map 7 installed.

update... managed to get another version of FW4020 which has installed, although now select map detail and POI are now grayed out (but that could be the EDB file i deleted)

update... the EDB file i removed i put on a SD card popped it into the navi and imported the file, the navi claimed it was successful but the poi is still grayed out.
    Last edited by lee005; 10th May 2012 at 18:32.