Thread: Problem with MFD2 and 'MFD2 DVD Version 2013 V10'

afhaaljap is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Problem with MFD2 and 'MFD2 DVD Version 2013 V10'

I'm trying to help out a neighbor, who has a 2005 VW Passat with an MFD2 Navigational System.
    I'm trying to use these maps: MFD2 DVD Version 2013 V10

I followed the tutorial: First I updated the software to V.30 and unlocked the Nav System with the unlock DVD/CD.
    Then I put in the burned maps DVD and it doesn't accept them. It tells me the DVD is not supported (or something like that, it's in Dutch)

I have tried multiple setups of burners, programs and discs (always Verbatim DVD+R DL on the slowest possible speed) and no succes at all.

Here are my various setups:

Toast 11 Titanium on Mac - MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-898 with Verbatim DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) NO GO!
    ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 on Win7 - LiteOn iHAS124-B with Verbatim DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) NO GO!
    ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 on Win7 - LiteOn iHAS124-B with Printable Verbatim DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-003-00) NO GO!

ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 on Win7 - TSSTcorp CDDVDW SE-S224Q with Printable Verbatim DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-003-00) WORKS!

The last one is burning as we speak, so I haven't tried that one.

Here are some pics of the Nav System, maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong? If you need my IMGBurn log, please say so.

Problem with MFD2 and 'MFD2 DVD Version 2013 V10'-img_0176.jpg
    Problem with MFD2 and 'MFD2 DVD Version 2013 V10'-img_0177.jpg

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: The last one (in green now) worked! So my guess is the MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-898 and the LiteOn iHAS124-B are not suitable for burning Navigation Discs.
    Last edited by afhaaljap; 21st December 2012 at 13:11.

jomafi is offline Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: Problem with MFD2 and 'MFD2 DVD Version 2013 V10'

Have you the possibility to use a LG Burner? for example GSA-H12N or compatible. The LG Burner are the best for burning Map-DVD. The DVD-+R DL from Verbatim is ok. And if the unlock has worked correct, the map must activate automatically.
    Use as Burnsoftware Nero Burning ROM and the lowest possible speed of burner. In my case its 2.4 speed. And all DVD-R i burnde with this GSA-H12N worked very well For testing use the Lite-On with Nero. Hope it works.
    B.R. Jomafi
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Repairing of RNS 510 with Setconfig and RNS-Manager, Coding with VCDS and VAS-PC
    You want to buy SETCONFIG for RNS510 - contact me by PM!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jomafi For This Useful Post:

afhaaljap is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Problem with MFD2 and 'MFD2 DVD Version 2013 V10'

@jomafi, Thanks for your reply!

My last try did the trick The other burners were the problem I guess.
    I inserted the disc and it was immediately accepted. It was a Samsung USB Burner.