GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Safest firmware update for UK "postcode fix" ?

Thanks

Safest firmware update for UK "postcode fix" ?

I'd appreciate some guidance on this one...

I have updated my RNS 510 (on a 58plate golf) with the V7 west europe maps and everything went perfectly. Unfortunately though it didn't fix the 4 digit postcode issue.

I was wondering if people could tell me the most reliable/safest firmware that will give me the 7 digit postcode fix (I currently have 2720, unused on a disk)?

thanks

Simon

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,665 Times in 188 Posts

Re: Safest firmware update for UK "postcode fix" ?

You reuire 2720 to be able to use 7-digit postcodes

Since no one knows what "58 plate" means (there are also other people in the world than British!) we can't tell you whether you will have an issue with battery drain.
    That depends on the version of the navigation and the CAN Gateway type
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gazo View Post
    You reuire 2720 to be able to use 7-digit postcodes

Since no one knows what "58 plate" means (there are also other people in the world than British!)
    Obviously people from the UK know what a '58' plate means - as the postcode issue only affects the UK I think it's reasonable to assume the best advice/experience of this is going to be provided by someone from the UK, so I don't really see the need for you to get all paranoid on me - not exactly the friendliest welcome I've had when joining a new forum

Thanks

You got the answer tho didn't you?
    On an international board it's just polite to use international terms. Doesn't really require to be an englishman to help with this case anyway.

brianf is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Hi Simon,

You will be fine with 2720 on your 58 plate Golf, that is what my colleague at work is running on his, I use a modified version of 2720 to fix the battery drain issue on my oldr 57 plate Passat and have 7 digit post codes using map V7.

Dont worry about the abrasive welcome it appears to be Gazo's normal condecending way of dealing with people he deems to be less inteligent than himself, although I have known him to be quite helpful on a good day.

I am sure this answer will meet with some kind of retribution so If you don't see me on here again good luck and a happy new year.

Cheers.

Brian.