GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: SD Card SatNav instead of DVD For Leon

Thanks

SD Card SatNav instead of DVD For Leon

Hi Guys,

I used to have an MFD2 in my old ('08) Leon that I bought off eBay this had it's satnav (IGO8) on an SD card that I updated using this website.

I've just got a new Leon ('10) and went with the SatNav off the Dealer, which I assume is a MFD2 as well although it looks slightly different.

This comes with a SatNav DVD which is SH*T, it had 4 digit postcode and just sucks because it is on DVD so I can't play CD's at the same time etc etc

Anyway I'm finding it hard to find (the forum has changed since last time I looked) a SatNav for the Seat Leon Manufacturer's built in SatNav that goes onto an SD card.

Any links would be great.

Thanks

P

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,665 Times in 188 Posts

Re: SD Card SatNav instead of DVD For Leon

There has never been a MFD2 unit with an SD Card running IGO8
    That is one of these Chinese junk units
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

Thanks
    Hey have a try yourself before you judge. It wasn't junk, I actually found it better than the manufacturer fitted one I have now.

Ok so the MFD2 I have now has an SD card slot are you saying I can't use this as an alternative to the DVD navigation?

Ok I don't have an MFD2 I've just realised. It is an " RNS310 " (no wonder it's ****) I'll go search.

From the VW Website:

"And there's no need to stop the music while you're following your route - the Navigation data can be copied on to the SD card so that the CD player is kept free for playing your music. Alternatively you can plug your MP3 player into the AUX-in socket for music on the move."

Any clues how to do this?

Starting to hate this 'satnav' pos

Some info on the RNS310 SD Card : To load maps from your SD card, you can insert an SD card into the slot on the front of the RNS310 (I used a SanDisk SDHC 4gig card), if you then go into the setup menu of the SatNav there is an option to 'copy data to SD' you can select this it will take about 30 minutes and you can then remove the CD and use the SD card as your map media.

Now I just need to see if I can get a more up to date version with 7 digit postcodes instead of cr*ppy 4 dig!
    Last edited by gazo; 31st December 2010 at 07:14.

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,665 Times in 188 Posts

Re: SD Card SatNav instead of DVD For Leon

Most of what you have contributed here is completely unnecessary
    This only because you fail to realize that it may be of some importance to copy the correct type of your unit and it's software
    We are perfectly aware of the methods to copy navigational maps to an SD card!

The unit you have in mind by the way does not run iGO8 software as you suggest in your first post

You can download all necessary maps from a set of links that has been available on this forum for quite some time and even an update map for the UK which sadly has not been updated in respect to allow 7 digit post code.

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...Skoda-Amundsen
    Last edited by gazo; 31st December 2010 at 09:25.
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded