Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Volvo RTI - 2011.1 - Europe (MMM+)

wetxxx is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Volvo RTI - 2011.1 - Europe (MMM+)

Is the DVD video disc after updating maps, must be in the DVD drive and it will play the data? Or just drive must recognize it?

Do You know when volvo update the new RTI map till 2012 year?

Thanks

ehi guys, when i try to download from the latest link you posted, it says that 'the service is unvaible for Italy'.
    How can i do?
    Thanks a lot

Thanks

Thanks for this great help. Update my XC90 '08 works great

(Verbatim DVD+R)

wetxxx is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Hello, I tried update the maps (2011.1 mmm+). For 190 minutes map and software was updating and than goes ok. But When I searching Traffic Information couldnt find any TMC station in Poland. In version since 2007 my Navi founding some rds-tmc information like as Warsaw or Plus. Have you ever been in Poland and use the navi with tmc support? Do you know that are diffrent version for mmm+ 2011.1 support TMC (trafic) and doesn`t ?

masiankin is offline Private
    Thanks

Hello Guys,

I have really strange case, that is not discribed in the web untill now.

First of all, I have just purchased second hand xc90 2006.09 as per registration in documents. It is 2.4 diesel 185hp and it is facelift version already.

I want to update my navigation, as it had maps of 2009 year and many roads around my place was not covered.
    I used oficial volvo's website to find out my navi version. Unfortunately, the website is asking for model and year of production. How it was find out later, my navi is different than the version advised on website.

I have downloaded advised version of maps (Volvo RTI 2011.1 MMM/P2001 disc B), I asked my friend to burn image on a DVD+R DL, he changed booktype to DVD-ROM and burned. When I insert this disc for the first time, the upgrade process begun. I saw the screen C (instalation of new map disc is in process...) according to the official manual immediately. No any other screens appeared on that stage. After few moments my screen showed me another message on a blue screen: "the disk in the navigation unit is invalid. a map update disc is required for the nav system to work. Please reinsert the map update disc."
    I tried to reinsert the same disc. nothing changed, same steps: insert disc, screen C, message on blue screen.

I gave up trying after few more attempts.
    I took my original DVD that came with car, inserted it to dvd unit, and OMG I have the blue screen message from above! for my surprise original disc was not accepted at all. I could not even enter main menu. the nav just requiring update disc. I took the original disc once again and then I noticed very important thing: "VOLVO HDD RTI" that what is written on my original DVD.
    I was deeply dissapointed that I trusted volvo's website instead inspecting my own original DVD, I actually wanted to, but somehow this idea flew away from my head.

Allright, I came home happy because now I know that my car has atleast modern navi unit with cool all in one maps for EU. Then I opened this page, read all manuals and advises. Checked attached lable from the 2011 dvd with mine, all is same except a year (2011 and not 2009). I also understood that there is no difference on which DVD disc and from which writer image will be burned. I downloaded all parts, the size of images is exactly the same as on this page. both images perfectly mounting on my virtual dvd on PC. I took DVD+RW, just changed booktype to DVD-ROM and started burning at x4 speed (lowest possible). burning finished and verified. IMGburner log is just the same as per posted on 1st page. I went to a car and was 100% that dvd must upgrade now, but it was not. I inserted disc, closed/slided up unit's cover and after a moment I have blue message on the screen. Updating process not even started as it was on the first DVD+R DL. no screen C at all.
    I went home, took the same brand DVD-R like I used DVD+R DL. Burned the image, log is as per posted on 1st page. verified. Went to a car, insert dvd, and again blue message.

The most interesting thing, that now I can use my RTI nav only when first DVD-ROM DL with Volvo RTI 2011.1 MMM/P2001 is inserted. I just push "back" when screen C appears. And RTI switches to navi menu from where I can resume my "upgrade" or normaly use my navigation-it works on 2009 maps that were installed on RTI's HDD originaly. So that means no other DVD is acceptable by now on my unit. Not original, not DVD-R's with images from this topics, but only the dvd with not correct and not suitable version for my RTI- but not HDD.

I have few ideas why I have what I have:
    1. The unit requires DVD-ROM DL with RTI 2011.1 MMM+ (probably also burned on my friend's DVD writer LG).
    2. The unit requires 2 discs DVD-R with RTI 2011.1 MMM+ burned on my friend's DVD writer LG.
    3. I need to go to officials for repairing/changing unit.

If some one had the same problem or knows how can I still update it please write the answer here. All kind of advises is more then appreciated.

P.S.:
    Original RTI parameters:
    HW P/N 0030752407 AD
    SW P/N 0031285859 AB
    MAP P/N 31285861 AA
    SW v. 00001516/02400
    Map v. AEU_06_200901E

masiankin is offline Private
    Thanks

Hello Guys,

I have really strange case, that is not discribed in the web untill now.

First of all, I have just purchased second hand xc90 2006.09 as per registration in documents. It is 2.4 diesel 185hp and it is facelift version already.

I want to update my navigation, as it had maps of 2009 year and many roads around my place was not covered.
    I used oficial volvo's website to find out my navi version. Unfortunately, the website is asking for model and year of production. How it was find out later, my navi is different than the version advised on website.

I have downloaded advised version of maps (Volvo RTI 2011.1 MMM/P2001 disc B), I asked my friend to burn image on a DVD+R DL, he changed booktype to DVD-ROM and burned. When I insert this disc for the first time, the upgrade process begun. I saw the screen C (instalation of new map disc is in process...) according to the official manual immediately. No any other screens appeared on that stage. After few moments my screen showed me another message on a blue screen: "the disk in the navigation unit is invalid. a map update disc is required for the nav system to work. Please reinsert the map update disc."
    I tried to reinsert the same disc. nothing changed, same steps: insert disc, screen C, message on blue screen.

I gave up trying after few more attempts.
    I took my original DVD that came with car, inserted it to dvd unit, and OMG I have the blue screen message from above! for my surprise original disc was not accepted at all. I could not even enter main menu. the nav just requiring update disc. I took the original disc once again and then I noticed very important thing: "VOLVO HDD RTI" that what is written on my original DVD.
    I was deeply dissapointed that I trusted volvo's website instead inspecting my own original DVD, I actually wanted to, but somehow this idea flew away from my head.

Allright, I came home happy because now I know that my car has atleast modern navi unit with cool all in one maps for EU. Then I opened this page, read all manuals and advises. Checked attached lable from the 2011 dvd with mine, all is same except a year (2011 and not 2009). I also understood that there is no difference on which DVD disc and from which writer image will be burned. I downloaded all parts, the size of images is exactly the same as on this page. both images perfectly mounting on my virtual dvd on PC. I took DVD+RW, just changed booktype to DVD-ROM and started burning at x4 speed (lowest possible). burning finished and verified. IMGburner log is just the same as per posted on 1st page. I went to a car and was 100% that dvd must upgrade now, but it was not. I inserted disc, closed/slided up unit's cover and after a moment I have blue message on the screen. Updating process not even started as it was on the first DVD+R DL. no screen C at all.
    I went home, took the same brand DVD-R like I used DVD+R DL. Burned the image, log is as per posted on 1st page. verified. Went to a car, insert dvd, and again blue message.

The most interesting thing, that now I can use my RTI nav only when first DVD-ROM DL with Volvo RTI 2011.1 MMM/P2001 is inserted. I just push "back" when screen C appears. And RTI switches to navi menu from where I can resume my "upgrade" or normaly use my navigation-it works on 2009 maps that were installed on RTI's HDD originaly. So that means no other DVD is acceptable by now on my unit. Not original, not DVD-R's with images from this topics, but only the dvd with not correct and not suitable version for my RTI- but not HDD.

I have few ideas why I have what I have:
    1. The unit requires DVD-ROM DL with RTI 2011.1 MMM+ (probably also burned on my friend's DVD writer LG).
    2. The unit requires 2 discs DVD-R with RTI 2011.1 MMM+ burned on my friend's DVD writer LG.
    3. I need to go to officials for repairing/changing unit.

If some one had the same problem or knows how can I still update it please write the answer here. All kind of advises is more then appreciated.

P.S.:
    Original RTI parameters:
    HW P/N 0030752407 AD
    SW P/N 0031285859 AB
    MAP P/N 31285861 AA
    SW v. 00001516/02400
    Map v. AEU_06_200901E

Branco80 is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

No cross-posting, please!!!

Thanks

Hello,

is 2012 availabe?

nesmagu is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Links on FilePost:
    Coverage Area:
    Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark,
    Estonia, Finland, France (incl Monaco), Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy (incl San Marino,
    Vatican city), Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Macedonia (F.Y.R.O.M), Netherlands, Norway, Poland,
    Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain (incl Andorra, Gibraltar), Sweden,
    Switzerland (incl Liechtenstein), United Kingdom.

Compatibility:
    Volvo C30 MY 2008 -
    Volvo C70 MY 2008 -
    Volvo C70 542 MY 2008 -
    Volvo S40 MY 2008 -
    Volvo V50 MY 2008 -
    Volvo XC90 MY 2007 -

Download by parts:
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part01.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part02.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part03.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part04.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part05.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part06.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part07.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part08.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part09.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part10.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part11.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part12.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part13.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part14.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part15.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part16.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part17.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part18.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part19.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part20.rar - fast & secure!
    FilePost.com: Download sweden.part21.rar - fast & secure!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nesmagu For This Useful Post:

stelo is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast