Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please anyone how to burn Blaupunkt DX with success?!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please anyone how to burn Blaupunkt DX with success?!

Please for step by step.... PLEASEEEEE!!!

Re: Please anyone how to burn Blaupunkt DX with success?!
    • unrar
    • Only use Clonecd 5.3.0.1
    • always use profile setting Teleatlas.ccp
    • Minimum speed setting max. 4x
    • Amplify weak sectors
    Most DVD writers can not write a reliable navigation cd some have a minimum speed of 16!
    Best option is to look for a very old cd writer with a max speed of 4.
    Most Plextors are very good
    Also the TSST drives in laptops (Medion) write perfect copies although minimum speed is 10.4

Only use media with a blue reflection layer

https://rapidshare.com/files/1681441745/Profiles.rar
    Last edited by gazo; 26th August 2011, 19:13.
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

Comment

I'm using a LG GGW-H20L and i become only errors when i try to use the burned CD in my Navi-Unit.
      I burned with CloneCD using the Teleatlas_2011.ccp with maximum write Speed of 1x. The Writer wrote the CD with 4x speed (I think that is also Ok)
      When I select the Image-File i have selected the ccd file, or must i select the sub? or is it the same?
      I can't find out a misstake in my procedure.
      Anyone here an idea? Thanks for any help!

Comment

Wrong burner wrong media

Comment

i try different media and the burner is in the list whit the supported Writers.

Comment

Most people who start burning TP DX copies only succeed after 20-50 failures
            Some never burn a proper copy

And the list with recommended writers is for burning navigation DVD's not cd's

Comment

i tried with 6 different writers, when start burned i got error "W 7:06:54 Weak Sector processed at LBA xxx".... I set allow amplify weak sectors! I burning 2011 versions and i have 2011 profile CloneCD, i got error : "W 7:08:55 Writing to CD failed, ILLEGAL REQUEST: NO ADDITIONAL SENSE INFORMATION (5:0xa8:0x04)".

???? please for help, it works with alcohol 120%????? what can i do wrong

Comment

With 6 different writers exactly the same error? Impossible since the generated error is based on the drive's characteristics!

Comment

•Only use Clonecd 5.3.0.1

?????
                  why?

Comment

Hi! You should have more sucess in your copies if have an old burner for that. I'll give you my example, I have a Plextor PX-708A, burning with SONY CD-R at in CLone CD 5.3.0.1 with Teleatlas Profile, amplifying errors and 4x. If you can get a burner from 2001 til 2003, you'll burn TP DX with no problem.
                    Regarding the 34 initial errors showing in the begining of the burning process, ignore that because it's the copy protection.
                    Hope this information was usefull!

Comment

I duplicate originals or copies of the CD with a LiteOn LH-18A1H dated Nov 2006 and read with a Pioneer DVR-106PB Made 2003!
                      I use the latest CloneCD copy on the fly disc to disc. No special settings, just default.
                      Speed can be high, like 24x and it still works, but I do most at 1x because I can and it is probably much better.
                      The media I use is Fujifilm Photodisc which is black on the writing side and gold on the other so look the part.
                      I have also used cheap BenQ CDs for testing and they work too, I only use the Fujifilm ones as they are archival quality..

I have never got burning from images to work at all with either writer. Weird how everyone has different ideas.

I have just bought some new DVD writers at work so will try these and see if they work with my setup.

Comment

The way you describe your method makes you a real "smartass" as far as I am concerned.
                        What good would the suggestion be to copy DX cd's on the fly?
                        It would require at least an original or a working copy and that is what this forum is about, getting the stuff from the net as an image not as hard copy!

So unless I do not understand you, the suggestion seems to be useless

Comment

It wasn't a suggestion, it was an observation.
                          My hardware obviously works fine for making perfectly good DX CDs, so what is going wrong when using an image?
                          Surely it is all a stream of 0 & 1s at the end of the day?
                          What is different about copying on the fly and using an image from the net?
                          All this hocus pokus about writing only at 1x and using the list of approved drives and media can only be a guide, not a the final word.

Comment

The only perfectly good DX CD's are the ones from a press
                            Any other example is only a poor approximation of the original where one writer/media combination is just a tiny bit better than the other.
                            You may write worjking copies for an original Blaupunkt DX navi and you will find that there is almost no VW OEM navigation that will accept the so called "perfect" copy. The same copy again runs flawlessly in an Audi BNS 3 or 4 and Comand 2.0 but again will fail in a Comand 1.

All thes problems do not occur when an original is used.

So your contribution is indeed nothing more than an observation and hardly of any value to the knowledge or experiences gained sofar

Comment

Well to add to the ideas i used an old 4x CD burner i found (Samsung SW252) Used Clone CD (v5.3.1.0). Burnt at 1X on the software (would be 4x on the hardware i would think) used Verbatim discs (nothing special about them) loaded navi to my Comand 2.0 and first time out it worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X