Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW HIGH Trimmed versions !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BMW HIGH Trimmed versions !

    Hi guys,

    Before GPSU crashed, there was one thread in the BMW section named:

    "BMW.Road.Map.Europe.HIGH.DVD.2010-01.TRIMMED_ENGLISH_ONLY_FITS_STANDARD_DVD";

    It is trimmed BMW HIGH map with English language only.

    This way the map fits single DVD5 and you make a good copy almost every time.
    Because BMW HIGH system is very sensitive to copies, it is very hard to make Double Layer DVD9 copy.

    I'm wondering which program was used to trimm this map and does anyone have German trimmed version to upload here ?

    Thx

    :: cheers ::
    + 250 posts @ oldGPSU

  • #2
    Re: BMW HIGH Trimmed versions !

    Originally posted by NavCore View Post
    Hi guys,

    Because BMW HIGH system is very sensitive to copies, it is very hard to make Double Layer DVD9 copy.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the High units with respect to copied DVD's

    You are confusing a few things:

    • Because the Professional units in BMW are known to have problems with DL-DVD, it was decided to publish a Basic POI Edition that fitted onto a DVD5
    • The High units basicalliy cannot handle DL DVD you must update the unit with V31 software versions or later. When updated there is no problem whatsoever with reading even poor DVD9 copies!


    With that in mind some people have fabricated a DVD version with only a slightly limited English POI section. This image, sometimes with speedcams included, just fits a DVD5

    This has nothing to do with the language since this setting is made in the system software and not with the map dvd
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: BMW HIGH Trimmed versions !

      Originally posted by gazo View Post
      There is absolutely nothing wrong with the High units with respect to copied DVD's

      You are confusing a few things:

      • Because the Professional units in BMW are known to have problems with DL-DVD, it was decided to publish a Basic POI Edition that fitted onto a DVD5
      • The High units basicalliy cannot handle DL DVD you must update the unit with V31 software versions or later. When updated there is no problem whatsoever with reading even poor DVD9 copies!


      With that in mind some people have fabricated a DVD version with only a slightly limited English POI section. This image, sometimes with speedcams included, just fits a DVD5

      This has nothing to do with the language since this setting is made in the system software and not with the map dvd
      Hmm, so that is the problem - in software version . . .

      Please excuse my lack of knowledge !

      I wondered why one copy works in one car with HIGH system but in some other don't . . .
      Now that you told me - tons and tons of valid copies that I trew in the trash is passing in front of my eyes

      And, where can I get this software version ?
      Can you send links and little tips for updating !?!?!

      :: cheers ::
      Last edited by NavCore; 5th June 2010, 13:56.
      + 250 posts @ oldGPSU

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: BMW HIGH Trimmed versions !

        Originally posted by NavCore View Post

        And, where can I get this software version ?
        Can you send links and little tips for updating !?!?!

        :: cheers ::
        http://gren.ru/navi%20OS%20software.html
        Follow this link and use google translate(is in russian). I bookmark this site from the old GPSUnderground 2-3 months ago. There you will find many bmw updates.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: BMW HIGH Trimmed versions !

          Originally posted by marius_nij View Post
          http://gren.ru/navi%20OS%20software.html
          Follow this link and use google translate(is in russian). I bookmark this site from the old GPSUnderground 2-3 months ago. There you will find many bmw updates.
          Thx for the links!

          I found this already and started a new thread:
          Code:
          http://gpsunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?1683-BMW-HIGH-Software-Update-V32
          :: cheers ::
          + 250 posts @ oldGPSU

          Comment

          Working...
          X