Lincoln Nav DVD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln Nav DVD

Back before the forums got hacked, we had a torrent on PB for 7D. Myself and a few members we not able to get our Aviator to read the rom. If anyone has had any luck please post here.

Re: Lincoln Nav DVD

Was this the 7.7 one.....originally posted as 7P then corrected?

Comment

It was this one...

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5485...ion_DVD_Map_7D

the other 400MB one posted by the same user was incomplete

Comment

Thats the one I was talking about. I'll take a look at it. Some of the forums around the net have had posts about this not working but most of the issues dealt with burning it. I'll give it a shot. Guess I'll try alcohol in windows and if that dont work k3b in Linux both at about 2.4x. Hopefully Memorex DVD+R Dual-Layers' will work cause thats all I have. I'll let you know.

Comment

I tried in with Alcohol, I burned it in Linux also with no success. What year/model/make do you have? Can you point me to some of the other forums that deal with that torrent?

BTW: I have an '03 Aviator
          Last edited by vforaci; 12th May 2010, 21:13.

Comment

I have an '05 Navigator. According to Navteq, 7D is the correct version but there are no comments from people that have tired that dvd from that torrent. There is an 8P from the same poster which I believe is for the 2006 or 2007 to 2009s that people have reported spotty success with. I have not found any other sources.....yet.

Comment

Ok, I have some more info. Last night I tried to update the firmware.

The instructions are to burn it to a CDROM, no dice (doesn't recognize disk), then I tried to burn it to a DVD-R same results. Then I saw a post about older units (older than 2004) not recognizing those medias and to burn to either a DVD+R or DVD+R DL. I burned it to a DL and the it appeared to work fine since the "book type" got changed to DVD-ROM but I got the same results when inserting the DVD into the nav unit.

If someone has any insight to this I'm all ears.

Comment

How could you burn this particular mapset update to a regular DVD? It's 7.7GB. It shouldn't fit. I would have expected a discussion on whether you should use DVD+R DL or -R DL.

Comment

The firmware upgrade is ~20MB. The map must be burned on a DL DVD.

Comment

aaaah I misunderstood. I wonder if there is a firmware revision for the '05 models. I also wonder if you can put an '07-'09 GPS Nav Radio in an '05. Seeam to have the same footprint and rear connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Feedhunter View Post
                      aaaah I misunderstood. I wonder if there is a firmware revision for the '05 models. I also wonder if you can put an '07-'09 GPS Nav Radio in an '05. Seeam to have the same footprint and rear connectors.
                      I read that if the satellite hardware is installed and then the firmware is upgraded that the FM2 button becomes the SAT button, at least for the Aviator. Did you try the 7D or 8P torrent versions?

Comment

I have tried the 7P several times now....different burning programs, 2 different burners, different speeds. The dvd seems to be fine in the computer but is still not recognized by the nav unit. That 8P never worked for me. As far as the sat button/fm2. I found in the diagnostic menu an area for phone and SSR which I am assuming is Sirius Sat Radio.

Comment

I also tried burning, but seems that torrent upped by raqueon is really version 7p not 7D. If anyone has a link to this GPS software please post, I would not mind donating at least $5 on paypal for someone to purchase from navteq then share. I have a 2004 model.

Comment

I don't mind buying it from navteq but the price ($199+tax+shipping) seems ridiculous when you have so many stand alone gps units at that price point that have alot more features, poi's and better map graphics. Add to that the map update is from 2008...written in summer of 07. Your not even getting the most up-to-date info. This update allegedly has 1.85 million poi's, one of the cheapest tomtom's has over 8mill...not that Im gonna need 6 million more points of interest but thats not the point.

Comment

Is there a way to confirm the version of the maps uploaded by raqueon?

Comment

Working...
                              X