Kenwood/Garmin KNA-G421(V) and KNA-G520 unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenwood/Garmin KNA-G421(V) and KNA-G520 unit

Has anyone tried the newest firmware upgrade v4.10.
    From Garmin site:
    Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:

* Added support for high-density SD cards to handle future map updates.

Are our maps still working with this update, or a new security system was implemented.
    Thanks!

Re: Kenwood/Garmin KNA-G421(V) and KNA-G520 unit

this is only firmware update,maps are still the same after device reboot!

Comment

Originally posted by pajser View Post
      this is only firmware update,maps are still the same after device reboot!
      There was a thread in Garmin about new firmware updates. They were implementing new unlocking system. I am worried if the present maps can not be unlocked by the unit any more.

Comment

anyone know which is ccorrect newest map for western europe?

Comment

Still havent found any info on this , im driving over to Poland again in a few weeks and would really like to update , dont know how to and dont fancy spending a fortune to find it doesnt work
          device is KNA-G421
          thanks in advance

Comment

you can download mapsource version of CN EUROPE 2O12.10 and send to SD card only countries that you want,or travell to them!after that,just put unlocked gmapsupp.img in garmin folder on SD,and plug card into KNA-G421

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply , can i still have my POIs on my sd card at the same time
              i will be driving france ,belgium,germany and poland .
              Is it possible to back up the originals off the hard drive incase it all goes wrong, im not too sure how to do the above , is there any step by step guides etc

Comment

first go to https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/do...t=010-00495-00 and folow instructions,than connect your KNA and PC with USB A to USB B mini cable,and research folders structure on "garmin" / "KNA" ,delete all files such as voices,help texts,images or vechicles that you dont need,so you have much more space for new map! after that,depending on the size of free memory,you can just copy/paste allready downloaded unlocked map wich you wish to have and navigate with it,in your case,City Navigator Europe NT 2012.10,or you can send only few maps via Mapsource,result is equal-you get new maps in to KNA!
                off course,if you dont know what are you doing,you can first copy all files and folders from KNA to your PC,in case of "disaster"!
                in case off POIs,my advice is downloading new speed camera database and put in to POI folder,look here http://gpsunderground.com/forum/garm...-database.html !
                good luck!

Comment

Think im gonna need good luck .
                  So i just pick and download uk,france belgium germany and poland then copy and paste into kna?
                  will there be a specific folder or is there just 1

Comment

one other thing , when using filestube free download its saying like 12hrs , if i purchase premium does it really speed it up? cause at this rate it will take me 3 days to download 4 maps?

Comment

Hello, although I have read all the answers, in my case, I have several questions. I just bought a KNA-G610 and would like to know how to update periodically maps, pois, or new speed camera database. I am not very sure that this device has USB connection to disconnect it from the vehicle and connected to the PC. I have commented the mechanics to install me it in the glove compartment of the car to be able to access it easily. I would like to make a backup copy to avoid a disaster. Which are the elements that should be copied to the device or SD card? If you weren't so that elements should be recorded on the SD card to be able to upgrade without problems? Another question would be, if I upgrade the firmware of the team that would change the security of maps, etc.

Thanks for everything beforehand. For me all this is new.
                      A greeting

Comment

You need an A-B USB cable to connect KNA storage to your PC, Backup all files and folders you find in it, even most impotant files are the maps with their UNL (unlocked code) files, usually will find gmapprom.img(original map) and gmapprom.unl gmapbmap.img(basemap) and gmapsupp.img with gmapsupp.unl (additional maps and code), after you backup all these files in garmin Maps section will find a lot of unlocked IMG(map) files, delete old maps and replace with the new one.
                        Is better you take a look in garmin tutorials to learn something more.
                        www.iptvthebest.net

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response.
                          Only ask whether this cable USB A-B would be: connection USB A male to micro USB B male? I do not have still this unit and do not know their connections. It would be possible to take it out of the glove compartment of the vehicle to take her home and to update the PC or have to do with a laptop?

Very Thanks. Are you doing a great job. Congratulations.

Comment

Yes is a normalUSB-Micro USB cable, you can do the job with laptop, when your unit will come everything will be more clear, for the moment if you want to learn something about garmin maps take a look at tutorials about Maps and Mapsource program, soon you will have to be more friendly with this programs and files
                            www.iptvthebest.net

Comment

I agree completely. I will wait to receive the unit to see everything more clearly. While I will try to learn more about Garmin maps. My questions were going ahead of the preparation of the SD card for the future. Thank you again for everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X