The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

freelander 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: freelander 2

Thank you for your warm welcome gazo.
    I followed the orders of the forum to burn my DVD.
    I've make a copy of my DVD of 2006 to verify my DVD writer. It works.
    Anybody makes an update of the version 2006 towards the version 2010 ?

Thanks

Comment

Again, you could have read that in the other posts where they claim succes after following my advice to use the DVD's from the Volvo MMM2 set
      They work marvellously
      Last edited by gazo; 13th July 2011, 15:21.
      All questions should be directed through the forum
      Private messages will be disregarded

Comment

i can confirm the volvo MMM2 set works fine in a freelander, anybody any idea when we may see a 2011/12 disks available on here

Comment

The new 2011 edition will be available here as soon as someone posts it so asking is not really necessary

Comment

I tried with an other DVD writer and nav system accept the new DVD.
            But now i have the same problem than sparky9692.
            Update start and reboot the Nav system.
            I tried LastCh solution but the problem is still there.

Comment

Can someone tell me if the volvo disk leave all the land rover logo intact and only update the maps?
              Can I use it without any mod in the files structure?
              I have a freelander 2

Thank you

Comment

If it would change the log then what is the problem?
                Looing at a Volvo log for 1 second?
                If the logo were the only problem on a Freelander I could understand your apprehension, but there are other more serious issues with this car aren't ther?

Anyway, nothing will happen when using these dvd's and in an emergenxy you can just downgrade again by inserting your current DVD

Comment

Originally posted by gazo View Post
                  If it would change the log then what is the problem?
                  Looing at a Volvo log for 1 second?
                  If the logo were the only problem on a Freelander I could understand your apprehension, but there are other more serious issues with this car aren't ther?

mhmm, thank you very much for your answer.
                  Anyway for my experience the volvo logo for 1 second would be the only issue with this car :-)

Comment

hello

we are two friends, one with a 2009 freelander2 and the other one with a 2006 freelander2, the "Volvo RTI MMM2 2010.1 4 DVD set" burn is ok, and also the 2011. The DVD works fine in the two cars, when we started using it, the first time we had to change the language, and the country. The problem is that in the 2006 freelander2, each time we start de navigation, we need to set the correct language and country. In the other car we set the first time and is well record, we don't need to set it more times. Anyone with a similar use? any solution?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by claustro View Post
                      Can someone tell me if the volvo disk leave all the land rover logo intact and only update the maps?
                      Can I use it without any mod in the files structure?
                      I have a freelander 2

Thank you
                      no volvo logo - disks work as if landrovers own

Comment

Just used the volvo mmm2 464110-8750 disk B ( uk 2011) in my freelander 2 - works brilliantly

Comment

Yes, but when you want to select an adress you can't enter destination (country - city - street). You can only navigate to a point on map.

Comment

Hi all

I have burned the disc and verified it but I now have the same problem as Didier64 and Sparky9692, the settiings work but the navigation button is greyed out, when I put the disc in it said I needed an update so I pressed yes it the cycled from the landrover screen to the navigation/settings screen for over a hour, so I switched it off now I have the greyed out navigation button, does anybody know how to get the navigation button working again, is there a firmware/software dvd to reset the system ? any help most appreciated.

I used a Verbatim disc and Imgburn with a Pioneer burner but the slowest speed is 4x I notice that most people say burn at 2x but I also notice people have success at higher burning speeds. (Disc B burnt)

Comment

I put the original disk back in and after a short journey and an engine stop and restart all seems to be working OK, I have burnt another disc on my laptop at 2.4x ( the slowest it will write ) I will try this tommorow.

Comment

give it time when loading the new disks, if the navigation button is greyed out it means its still loading, it can take an hour and half to fully load. have patience. i know your landrover says it will only take 15 minutes but thats b*ll*cks even with original landrover disks...

Comment

Working...
                                X