The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

Mercedes Comand Aps 2009/2010 V4.1 NTG 2.5

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mercedes Comand Aps 2009/2010 V4.1 NTG 2.5

What do Telematics updates/releases fix?

Version 09.29: (Telematics 01/2010): Overwriting of FM station memory, when slip road is closed the whole motorway section was shown as closed, freeze in telephone when 20 items in call log, still hearing radio/etc at start of phone call. TMC support is added for Czech Republic.

Version 09.02: (Telematics 06/2009): Comfort phone stuck "activating", bluetooth calls dropped, system resets, radio statio name wrong, map freezes. New features: ECO routing mode, AUX volume boost, Reversing camera lines on ML/GL/R, volume reduction during navigation voice, SD cards bigger that 2GB allowed, TMC warnings read out, fan speed reduced during voice recognition, TMC Pro (Germany only?), Service Call.

Older: not known.

Comment

Thanks G,

just took a look and my HW/SW is 07/51/08/13/01 so i guess i need an update

Now interestingly enough and everybody might want to take note of this.

My car is nearly due for a service, though I normally let it go over to save on a few wbottle tops.

I have a guy who normally does it for me, but I rang a local Main Dealer here in Dublin and asked them if I got my service done with them, would the update NAVI for me and she said that they would, and there would be no charge. She did say that whatever update they have they would put on it for me, so it might not be the latest, but they might have version 3 or 4 and whatever they have, they will stick on at no charge. I also asked her about telematics update so she said they would update that also.

Now I would never go to a main dealer for a service cause in two words they are a rip-off, but now it is actually looking like it might just be a cheap service!!

Any thoughts?

G, you mention you need my VIN for the part number, is that the same a chasis no ie, WDB211.....

I will get it later on

thanks again for your reply

Comment

Originally posted by gmatj View Post
        Steve
        You got Navi Database by NAVTEQ BFDB0092 - This is the version initially stored on NTG2.5 units. So you either got 1.0 or 1.1 .
        Now with regards to sw/hw versions of the unit go to the Engineering Menu->submenu : SW Update you will find parameter HW/SW whic should look like 08/05/09/29/00
        Those number will tell you the versions you are
        if sw is 09/29 then you are on Telematics 2010.01 YOU DO NOT NEED UPDATE
        if sw is 09/02 then you are on Telematics 2009.06 YOU DO NOT NEED UPDATE
        if sw is 08/37 then you are on Telematics 2009.01 and YOU NEED UPDATE

Part Number for MB monitor --- Your vin is needed.

Finally to cut a long story short : The easy way to do it : Buy the maps -->Try to update----> If it does n't ----->go to your dealer for a Telematics update.

Gracenote : Usually there is an update in the MAP DVDs.
        The easy way to do it : Buy the maps -->Try to update----> If it does n't ----->go to your dealer for a Telematics update.
        You are right!!

I had the v4.1 map and 01 or 06/09 telemtics, to update to v5.0 the MB service update also my telematics firmware

Comment

Hi all. Help me please!!! I download 4.1 version from Rapidshare and parts 68 and 72 are broken! Please reupload this parts..
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gpsnavi View Post
            Hi all. Help me please!!! I download 4.1 version from Rapidshare and parts 68 and 72 are broken! Please reupload this parts..
            Thanks.
            You don't read mate.
            If you have done so, then tou would have found out that your trouble is not the parts 68 and 72. Your trouble is that you have downloaded all the other parts for no reason at all !!!.
            DVDs are copy protected and so even if you have all the parts your home made DVDs will be useless !!!

Comment

Hi all. I test it on friend's 2010 ML500 and it works perfect (ISO's from hotfile)! I use Verbatim DVD+R DL, Verbatim DVD+R and USB Slim DVD-RAM burner Matsushita UJ-875S with Alcohol120% (book type DVD-ROM). But it don't work on my 2010 W212 E350 4Matic.. Anybody can help me?

Comment

Although no one has yet succeeded to use these dvd's for very good reaons!. gpsnavi has apparently struck gold where technically it is impossible to get the dvd's to be recognized!
                They may only (seem to) work in a unit that has already been updated offcially.
                How long did it take to update the unit in the ML500 which according to Mercedes is fitted with Audio 50 APS, not Comand NTG 2.5
                And how did you go about checking the functions in Russia with a set of 2 DVD's for Europe?
                All questions should be directed through the forum
                Private messages will be disregarded

Comment

Originally posted by gazo View Post
                  Although no one has yet succeeded to use these dvd's for very good reaons!. gpsnavi has apparently struck gold where technically it is impossible to get the dvd's to be recognized!
                  They may only (seem to) work in a unit that has already been updated offcially.
                  How long did it take to update the unit in the ML500 which according to Mercedes is fitted with Audio 50 APS, not Comand NTG 2.5
                  And how did you go about checking the functions in Russia with a set of 2 DVD's for Europe?
                  In our cars basically loaded map of Russia with Eastern Europe. Dealers don't have map of Europe for sale and it not available to order in Russia. ML500 have Comand NTG2.5 HDD with 6 disc changer. Loading time more than 1 hour. In my W212 it don't work. MB dealer told me - i have a Comand, NOT Audio 50APS. You can help me with maps of EU for my car? Need only Germany and Switzerland. Which NTG in W212?
                  Thanks.

Comment

@gpsnavi

Gazo has put it in a very polite way. He is right.

I am afraid m8 , you got everything mixed up. Totally.

No matter what DVD , DVD burner, and any type of Alcohol (whiskey , gin, vodka !!!) if you try to use those v4.1 copies of the DVDs to update NTG2,5 , I can guarantee to you that you will not get home.

P.S. It won't work on W212, for very good reason. W212 does not use ntg2.5 !!! so in this one you are correct

Comment

Which NTG in W212?
                      Thanks.
                      W212 can only be Audio 50 APS NTG4 (W212) or Comand APS NTG4 (W212)
                      But it's rather disturbing that although you say to own this car that you do not even know the difference between Audio 50 and Comand APS!

Comment

Originally posted by gazo View Post
                        W212 can only be Audio 50 APS NTG4 (W212) or Comand APS NTG4 (W212)
                        But it's rather disturbing that although you say to own this car that you do not even know the difference between Audio 50 and Comand APS!
                        I'm BMW owner, sorry. This is my first MB.

Comment

Hi all. I test it on friend's 2010 ML500 and it works perfect (ISO's from hotfile)! I use Verbatim DVD+R DL, Verbatim DVD+R and USB Slim DVD-RAM burner Matsushita UJ-875S with Alcohol120% (book type DVD-ROM). But it don't work on my 2010 W212 E350 4Matic.. Anybody can help me?
                          that ML500 has COMAND APS NTG2.5 or AUDIO 50 APS NTG2.5 fitted?
                          Last edited by V8freak; 6th March 2011, 16:11.

Comment

• Mercedes DVD APS Navigation Europa 2009/2010 NTG2.5

I searched Mercedes subforum for this type of navy (used in E Classs and other model for a short period of time 06-2008 - 04-2009 usually) but i couldn't find it.
                            I tried Unofficial 2001 Command APS but it's not recognized.You have to load navi DVD in trunk not above LCD screen (used for music CDs).
                            Does anyone have this DVD ?

Thx

Comment

• Re: Mercedes DVD APS Navigation Europa 2009/2010 NTG2.5

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/merc...ghlight=NTG2.5

Comment

Working...
                              X