The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale


The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership


See more
See less

Mercedes Comand Aps 2009/2010 V4.1 NTG 2.5

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Re: Mercedes Comand Aps 2009/2010 V4.1 NTG 2.5

    After "disk unreadable" I get the usual "unable to update map, contact MB, press OK to exit the DVD". So there is nothing you can you.

    Some guys sell copies on ebay - so it can be done ...

    Comment


    • #92
      Re: Mercedes Comand Aps 2009/2010 V4.1 NTG 2.5

      Originally posted by papars View Post
      After "disk unreadable" I get the usual "unable to update map, contact MB, press OK to exit the DVD". So there is nothing you can you.

      Some guys sell copies on ebay - so it can be done ...
      Maybe not...

      I've heard that you can use a authentic update DVD just once. The theory is that when one is trying to update the maps the DVD is getting registered and coupled to a chassis number.
      Then again, I've heard this story from a MB dealer, so it might be wrong (if you know what I mean

      Comment


      • #93
        Re: Mercedes Comand Aps 2009/2010 V4.1 NTG 2.5

        Originally posted by appelflap View Post
        Maybe not...

        I've heard that you can use a authentic update DVD just once. The theory is that when one is trying to update the maps the DVD is getting registered and coupled to a chassis number.
        Then again, I've heard this story from a MB dealer, so it might be wrong (if you know what I mean
        This is true with newer NTG2.5 units (2009 onwards) -Those are protected with a pin number.(the original VIN of the car is inside the unit and when it sees it is located in another car it locks and waits for a pin number - unlocking to be done by MB Dealer who has to connect with HQ to get number)

        However although I have heard this DVD story from an MB dealer , I very much doubt it. I fail to see how the DVD gets registered! , and if you take it to another car how the other car or the other unit knows about it !!

        More news on that will follow soon.
        Rgds
        G.

        Comment


        • #94
          Re: Mercedes Comand Aps 2009/2010 V4.1 NTG 2.5

          Anybody updated the maps?

          Comment


          • #95
            Re: Mercedes Comand Aps 2009/2010 V4.1 NTG 2.5

            Originally posted by gmatj View Post
            T
            However although I have heard this DVD story from an MB dealer , I very much doubt it. I fail to see how the DVD gets registered! , and if you take it to another car how the other car or the other unit knows about it !!

            .
            Exactly! That's why I'm little sceptic about the story also. The story I was told was that the DVD is registered by the satelite system. But I don't think that this is possible. For starters this would be against all privacy laws (besides that it seems technical imposible...)

            Comment


            • #96
              Re: Mercedes-Benz Navigations - DVD Comand APS (NTG2.5) 4.10 - 2010 - Rapidshare Link

              This is the first of the 2 DVDs (the big DL 8gb)
              There is also a 2nd DVD (about 3.2GB)
              Rgds

              Comment


              • #97
                Re: Mercedes Comand Aps 2009/2010 V4.1 NTG 2.5

                Untrue. I updated my system with V4.1 genuine discs and it was used to update a second system and the person who has the discs now updated his system so the discs do not get 'registered' to a particular unit or car.

                The PIN number protection was implemented in the 06/2009 firmware update and is only activated if a unit is moved from one car to another.
                Last edited by mbenz; 26th May 2010, 12:08.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Re: Mercedes-Benz Navigations - DVD Comand APS (NTG2.5) 4.10 - 2010 - Rapidshare Link

                  can help any one with what media can i burn that disks?
                  i use verbatim-dl - r with not result for the first disk and verbatim +r for the second disk.
                  i burned with 120% alcohol at 2,4x speed in pioner 115D.
                  what is the best compination?

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Re: Mercedes Comand Aps 2009/2010 V4.1 NTG 2.5

                    Originally posted by mbenz View Post
                    Untrue. I updated my system with V4.1 genuine discs and it was used to update a second system and the person who has the discs now updated his system so the discs do not get 'registered' to a particular unit or car.

                    The PIN number protection was implemented in the 06/2009 firmware update and is only activated if a unit is moved from one car to another.
                    Thanks mbenz - Reassuring to know.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Mercedes-Benz Navigations - DVD Comand APS (NTG2.5) 4.10 - 2010 - Rapidshare Link

                      Originally posted by gmatj View Post
                      This is the first of the 2 DVDs (the big DL 8gb)
                      There is also a 2nd DVD (about 3.2GB)
                      Rgds
                      Sorry - Both DVDs are present.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Mercedes-Benz Navigations - DVD Comand APS (NTG2.5) 4.10 - 2010 - Rapidshare Link

                        Originally posted by SnoopJohn View Post
                        can help any one with what media can i burn that disks?
                        i use verbatim-dl - r with not result for the first disk and verbatim +r for the second disk.
                        i burned with 120% alcohol at 2,4x speed in pioner 115D.
                        what is the best compination?
                        Hi there
                        I would advise to use BURNCDCC
                        http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/dow...e-software.htm
                        and use speed 1x. Very nice utility - Burns good
                        Also use -R dvds
                        It will then work !

                        Comment


                        • Re: Mercedes-Benz Navigations - DVD Comand APS (NTG2.5) 4.10 - 2010 - Rapidshare Link

                          Originally posted by gmatj View Post
                          Hi there
                          I would advise to use BURNCDCC
                          http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/dow...e-software.htm
                          and use speed 1x. Very nice utility - Burns good
                          Also use -R dvds
                          It will then work !
                          are you testing the disk ntg2.5 or mean for general user?
                          with SAO or with out SAO?
                          Any way, that program cant be burns mds and mdf files.
                          Last edited by SnoopJohn; 26th May 2010, 13:35.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Mercedes-Benz Navigations - DVD Comand APS (NTG2.5) 4.10 - 2010 - Rapidshare Link

                            Originally posted by SnoopJohn View Post
                            are you testing the disk ntg2.5 or mean for general user?
                            with SAO or with out SAO?
                            Any way, that program cant be burns mds and mdf files.
                            a) You can always convert mdf to ISO files. (Read it with ULTRA ISO and save it as .iso) -ULTRA ISO is very good as well - however it can sustain x1 speed)
                            b) SAO or not ? I have tried it without
                            c) I am testing on my NTG2.5 - (so I am not talking about general use)
                            Rgds
                            G.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Mercedes-Benz Navigations - DVD Comand APS (NTG2.5) 4.10 - 2010 - Rapidshare Link

                              ok i have the tools for converter the mds files. can tell my what media use for disk 1 and disk 2?and what burner?
                              thanks
                              p.s how can i burn the dl-dvd-r as dvd rom?
                              Last edited by SnoopJohn; 26th May 2010, 14:38.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Mercedes-Benz Navigations - DVD Comand APS (NTG2.5) 4.10 - 2010 - Rapidshare Link

                                Originally posted by SnoopJohn View Post
                                ok i have the tools for converter the mds files. can tell my what media use for disk 1 and disk 2?and what burner?
                                thanks
                                p.s how can i burn the dl-dvd-r as dvd rom?
                                I do not quite understand what you are trying to say.
                                a) You covnert the files to .iso standard.
                                b) you go and buy DVD-R DL (Dual Layer) 8.5GB for the first DVD and DVD-R 4.7 GB for 2nd DVD
                                c) you use the application which gets the .iso file and burns the DVD.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X