Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opel CD70 / DVD90 hungarian translation available from us [in hungarian: magyarítás ]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opel CD70 / DVD90 hungarian translation available from us [in hungarian: magyarítás ]

just for curiosity, we have successfully created a hungarian translation and hungarian voice for Opel CD70 and DVD90 systems. For those who are intersted:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by yosarian View Post
            Can we make an romanian translation ?
            yes sure, but please note that there is no factory romanian voice file available, but it is not impossible to do one, we made a hungarian one. or you can have only the menu text translated with (for example) english or italian or whatever voice you like
            Last edited by hell; 23rd August 2010, 15:32.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by hell; 24th August 2010, 09:33.

Comment

Re: Opel CD70 / DVD90 hungarian translation available from us [in hungarian: magyar

Originally posted by hell View Post
                  just for curiosity, we have successfully created a hungarian translation and hungarian voice for Opel CD70 and DVD90 systems. For those who are intersted:
                  It is very nice that you made the changes in hungarian, that means that it can be changed to any language. So I was excited when I saw the topic title, but quickly was disappointed when I went to the specified link to see that this language change for me it would cost money (this is not specified in the topic). That is OK because somebody worked hard to make it possible, but it`s to much the price you ask (nagyon drága). And the other main disappointment is that it is not possible to get the update online, only if they make the changes. I don`t predict to many customers for this service, but fingers crossed who knows.

Comment

Re: Opel CD70 / DVD90 hungarian translation available from us [in hungarian: magyar

I can see you do desperately need the Hungarian translation!
                    In plain English it says "just for curiosity"
                    This means that hte possibility is announced just as with any other new product on the market and I do not see any reason why you should object or be disappointed.
                    All questions should be directed through the forum
                    Private messages will be disregarded

Comment

Originally posted by gazo View Post
                      I can see you do desperately need the Hungarian translation!
                      Not at all, I`m more happy with my english settings, and that is because we are surrended with a lot of gadgets and softwares that are with english menus and interfaces. So I tried once at someone the Hungarian Windows and it suck, also tried the Hungarian version of PS CS4 also sucks, I`m using my cellphone with english language and it come with hungarian language too.

just for curiosity = means nothing to me in a sentence, it doesn`t show you that is something free or it`s chargable.

LE: Please don`t misunderstand me, I don`t want to flame the topic at all!
                      Last edited by tomde; 16th September 2010, 15:32.

Comment

Originally posted by tomde View Post
                        It is very nice that you made the changes in hungarian, that means that it can be changed to any language. So I was excited when I saw the topic title, but quickly was disappointed when I went to the specified link to see that this language change for me it would cost money (this is not specified in the topic). That is OK because somebody worked hard to make it possible, but it`s to much the price you ask (nagyon drága). And the other main disappointment is that it is not possible to get the update online, only if they make the changes. I don`t predict to many customers for this service, but fingers crossed who knows.
                        dear tomde,

yes it can be changed to (almost) any language but for example chinise would be bloody hard, but I dont undestand the point of bolding 'any', as noone stated the it can be translated only to this and this language. and yes the price and other details was not mentioned in this two liner, as detailed information can be found on the hungarian page for those who might be interested (logically hungarian people who frequently end up here finding new maps or other information) on the other hand why sould i nag others who are not interested with unneccessary details. by the way people from romania slovenia and portugal asked for information how to create menu in their own language, so my post has risen greater interest than it could have been initially expected

and yes we do ask money for it, as somebody worked hard, and this somebody is actually ME, so i can exactly say how hard it was to create the hungarian voice, how many units we bought to do the development, how many hours of work we invested to gather that experience that elevated us to a level to be able to deliver this product at a really MODERATE price (~55EUR). and yes we are 'selfish' and want to have returned at least our investments (somewhere in the distant future)

even if it was free we would not put it online, as we have seen what has happened to a freely released version of bmw mk4 hungarian menu (only menu , no voice): 'smart' people started to sell it for money (5-10 000 huf) on auction sites and on classifields portals while it is freely available from e39.hu, we explicity wanted to avoid a situation like this where others harvest the profit for one's work.

but if you feel that our efforts and investment are negligible and it was easy and fun to develop this stuff in just a copule of hours you are free to create it for yourself, tools are more or less publicly available, you can start it from scratch, gathering information, buying unit(s) to test, maybe toasting some of them, inserting test discs with shaking hands and stomach up in your throat, demoing a map for hours just to make notes of the given announcments, disassembling factory voice (more than 200 commands in mk2 or more than 1000 in mk3 voice) and figuring out a reasonable wording that can be sit ont he top of the english grammar, when you ready with the voice as a gentle sidetrip you can translate (carefully considering each line's length) about 700 lines of menu text (ordered not in logical but in alphabetical order) and the list could be endless long...

well it is easier to say 'extremely expensive' while it is not, you are unable or just dont want to see things behind the curtain. I might assume that you are a man of the old belief that if it is a hardware you have to buy it but if it is a software you can copy it for free... how much is the cheapest part in the front axle of your car? how much is an hour in the service? how much is a half tank of fuel? Is it really unbearably expensive compared to the running costs of your car??? I dont think so, I really regard our product as a reaonably priced one but if you dont, then you simply wont be our satisfied customer, that's all. we simply havent developed this for people like you who are happy with english or german but would use the hungarian if it was free (blame opel, blame vdo why they failed to make it) if you approach it as an opportunity and not as a huge expense it might seem not to be so expensive, and please when you do the math also consider the extra fee on the original pricetag for satallite navigation.

Our intention was to aim those owners (mostly older people) who are unconfidently navigate thorugh the menu and barely understand either of the above mentioned foreign languages, so that THIS improvement highly increases the usability and thus the value of their device for them, and I can assure you that most of them happy to pay this money. we even had customers from as far as 250km who just read the article and wanted to have it immediately, and this feeling is the most important drive in our development, not the money. money means compensation for our work while satisfaction of users means happynes to us.
                        Last edited by hell; 16th September 2010, 18:03.

Comment

I was misunderstood as I thought (nagyon sajnálom), but as I see you both rected in wrong way. I didn`t mentioned that it is something bad or wrong what you did, I used the words like: happy, excited, worked hard. All these had the meaning of gratitude to developers. The whole think that mislead me was that the price wasn`t specified in the post, and I found the price is high compared to a map disc. That`s it and nothing more. And don`t forget that 99.99% of the materials available here is at no cost because it`s all pirated and my first thought it was that this is the same thing. My bad. Don`t get me wrong I appreciate your work just the publishing was a little bit confusing.

Szia

Comment

never mind, we sorted it out. let say it is cheaper to get stuff here as nothing is really free but air and maybe sunshine :]

Comment

Working...
                            X