X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saab / Mazda Western Europe 2008 DVD SDAL - Panasonic NC-DV2300N

Saab 9-3 / Mazda 6 Western Europe 2008 DVD SDAL

Coverage:
    Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein,
    Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK

Description:
    Unrar and burn on Verbatim DVD+R DL with slow speed (1-2.4x)

System may need a firmware update. See the package content and use md5 or sfv to verify all iso files.
    Firmware update on your own risk! Burn on DVD not CD with slow speed.

• Format: ISO
    • System: Panasonic CN-DV2300N
    • Language: Multi
    • Host: rapidshare.com
    • Size: 5,54GB (100MB Parts)

Download
    Download Saab WE 08 (Rapidshare, 5.54GB)

Image Hash
    MD5: c7211ed076f16626392f2f9a907a3fc7
    SFV: 5E624988
    Last edited by fraggy; 16th May 2010, 10:58.

Re: Saab / Mazda Western Europe 2008 DVD SDAL - Panasonic NC-DV2300N

Hi !
    Thanks for the post. I've following the instructions posted on another site to update my Saab 9-3 2005 navigation system without success.
    I've burned several Verbatim +R DL with Alcohool 120% at the slowest speed in 2 DVD burners but still
    I get a message indicating that No DVD is inserted (or simillar).
    The image I've downloaded is slightly bigger (6.14GB) that that on on your post and its name is WE_06Q4.iso
    Is the image different ?
    Also, how can I check my DVD? As for the model, I think it must be writen there somewhere ... but what about firmware?
    I've been told that the DVD I've created works for some models even of the same year but not for others...So it seems to me that the firmware version
    is somehow important for this matter ?
    Any ideas ?
    Best Regards.

Comment

This is the same "WE_06Q4.iso" image and without compression about 6,2gb
      Have you tried other burning tools like ImageBurn?

You can ask your local vendor to update the firmware

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
        next time I take my Saab for maintenance I'll do that.
        I've also tryed with Nero...still no luck.

Comment

There is absolutely no need to update without a reason
          Only when after insertion of the new dvd a warning is displayed: Database format incomatible" you should update"
          Also remember that the updates for Panasonic 2300/Saab 9-3 and the Mazda units are not identical!

If the DVD cannot be read as in your case, the only solution is to try another burner, program, media or even computer
          All questions should be directed through the forum
          Private messages will be disregarded

Comment

Thanks again for the replies.
            Maybe you could help me out to find out which DVD hardware I have, as I might be burning DVDs for nothing.
            I'm afraid to unlok the frame protecting the DVD reader, because if something bad happens, my dealer is 200km away...
            I have a dark box wich only reads SAAB Navigation System. On top there is the following information:

SAAB
            12802538 AA HW 12802540 AA
            DVD-ROM SW 12802539 AA
            4825 BootLoader 06.00.00
            Serial 40290642

Is this the Panasonic CN-DV2300N ? (is it CN-DV2300N or CN-DV2300N ?)
            Thanks
            Regards
            Last edited by dave08; 18th May 2010, 15:17.

Comment

This worked for me using

DVD Drive: NEC ND-4551A
              MEDIA: Datawrite Titanium 8.5Gb 2.4x DVD+R DL burnt @ max speed

Comment

ok i have burnt it with imgburn all good but when i go to my saab 93 and put the dual layer dvd in the drive in the car on screen says to me wait for like ever what is the matter now anyone please

Comment

Don't be so surprised!
                  You just burnt another bad copy or you don't know how to burn an image at all!

Comment

is the answer to me gazo or ? anyone know how long the wait is for the dvd to take to read in my car says wait whole time i have burnt it all rite slow is possible and all was ok with imgburn wen setting in the dvd says please wait anybody have an idea of how long please

Comment

If it is a proper copy, the dvd is accepted in seconds
                      If not you completely failed to burn anything near a dvd

Comment

Originally posted by dynomite View Post
                        is the answer to me gazo or ? anyone know how long the wait is for the dvd to take to read in my car says wait whole time i have burnt it all rite slow is possible and all was ok with imgburn wen setting in the dvd says please wait anybody have an idea of how long please
                        Hi there.
                        I could not yet create a DVD for my 2005 saab 9-3.
                        A working DVD copy that works on another Saab doesn't work on mine and some others having this issue.
                        There must be something more to it... firmware...something...
                        I t was supposed to be a Panasonic right ? but I couldn't read it anywhere from those serial and model numbers that I wrote here previuously....
                        Regards

Comment

The Panasonic system with the SDAL format DVD was only used in the Saab 9-3 up until 2005
                          After that the Denso system was fitted.
                          I do hope you are smart enough to compare the contents of your present working DVD with that of the downlaoded one

Comment

Originally posted by gazo View Post
                            The Panasonic system with the SDAL format DVD was only used in the Saab 9-3 up until 2005
                            After that the Denso system was fitted.
                            I do hope you are smart enough to compare the contents of your present working DVD with that of the downlaoded one
                            Denso unit ? I'll search for an upgrade then.
                            My working copy is not comparable, as it is less than 4 GB. The only thing for sure, is that is SDAL format.
                            Does this means than everyone that was able to use this DVD owns a pre 2005 9-3 ?
                            Mine has already fiber optics in it...
                            regards

Comment

I am not aware of any SDAL DVD's covering Western Europe < 4 Gb
                              AFAIK it has been a DVD9 from the introduction in 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X