• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps Europe 2017/2018 - RT4/5

What is the status? Any news?

We all waiting.....

Comment

Maps 2016/2017 are the last, PSA will no longer order the production of new versions from HERE.

Comment

Where has this come from? Do you have a link to the announcement?

Comment

No public announcement, it's a private PSA communication.

Comment

Did your source indicate whether there would be an alternative supplier of future maps - I can't see how they can simply abandon millions of car users that use the HERE map format - unless there is agreement to hand it over to another provider - Not everyone everywhere has access to connected services - we still don't have a mobile phone signal where I live, yet alone data!

Here are owned by Audi AG, BMW Group and Daimler AG, supplying other makers too - what are PSA thinking? What alternatives are there?

Comment

PSA just orders it usually with Here. But they may also order it with TomTom, that is the big other player in the maps field since they acquired Teleatlas. In the days of the PSA VDO navigation, they were both available and you could choose.

But if they went that way, then you would assume they'd order it there for RT6 onwards too....

Stopping with the RT4/5 format, they may argue it was introduced over 10 years ago so they supported it for 10 years. That of course ignores the fact they sold it until 2009/2010, so 10 years from that would mean 2020..

I don't know how much the production costs for a specific model from the generic map base of a provider. Probably enough to stop with it as soon as they can...

Comment

Originally posted by exroosje View Post
                But if they went that way, then you would assume they'd order it there for RT6 onwards too....
                It's not possible, maps for RT6 are the same than SMEG family who since 2015 benefict of free update for 5 years (MapCare).

Comment

I wouldn't say impossible, PSA could replace the mapcare service (ran by Here) by some other service to honour the 5 year update guarantee. But i don't think it is likely either.

So the RT4/5 users may have to get used to the idea their device is being virtually bricked quickly....

Comment

Working...
                  X