The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

RT5: Copying maps directly to HDD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT5: Copying maps directly to HDD

I recently bought used RT5 device with an idea to retrofit it in my 407 and I'm stuck with a problem... Laser is not working, I disassembled the device in order to clean the lens, but still no luck. So I came up with an idea to copy the maps directly to HDD. I took the HDD out, attached it to my PC, found map partition, backed it up, managed to understand file structure, then copied the maps into MAPPE folder, copied new corresponding files to the root of the map partition, changed the content of files which describe new maps, but when I put the device into my car, it asks for map cd. So my question is: Has anyone managed to do this? Buying the new lens is not an option, as it will take 2 months for it to come from China and no one in my town is able to repair it... Thnx

Re: RT5: Copying maps directly to HDD

How about connecting a USB cable to it? The manual copy method is a tough gig to pull off, if you had a full backup of a RT5 device with the latest maps on, then you would be done fairly quickly.
    Read before typing: I don't reply to private messages.

Comment

USB cable is last resort, as I'm quite bad in welding and understanding schematics... I pulled this HDD method in some other cars I prepared for selling, like Mercedes Comand NTG4, VW RNS510, etc... It's pretty much simple to understand file structure, but I'm probably missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by peniko View Post
        It's pretty much simple to understand file structure, but I'm probably missing something.
        Well, so much for simple ...

Comment

Hahaha, you're right But, I think that not the file structure is the problem, as much as it is inability to properly edit .db files. Hopefully I'll find a solution.

Comment

You're probably running into problems with the CRC files getting out of synch with the actual data files and therefore the unit thinking that the files have become corrupt.

You can get the USB cabe from French eBay, then USB needs to be enabled in PP2000

Comment

This is a copy of my hdd RT4
              https://www.dropbox.com/s/dx49k131xx...19-12.PBD?dl=0
              EaseUS Todo Backup
              Free download data backup software or 30-day trial - EaseUS Todo Backup.

Comment

I wouldn't want to mix RT4 and RT5's data if I were you ...

Comment

This is the same . Only without bluetooth. I gave link to everyone to see how looks file system .

Comment

Cheers man... Is there a whole Europe or...?

Comment

USB cable just arrived from PRC... Does anyone know which channels I should change to unlock USB option for my device? I connect USB mass storage, but it just flickers with its led light. No connection though.

Comment

You have to enable the USB connection with MIRASCRIPT or a LEXIA or direct on the HDD settings DAT file with MIRASCRIPT.

Comment

It appears that my brand new cable was defective. So I did copy the whole HDD with latest maps from another car (the whole partition from RT4 to my RT5) and it works flawlessly. In the next couple of days, I'll upload it somewhere, so someone with this problem can perform the update without buying cables or new optical device. It's, probably, the easiest way to perform the update, as the device can be pulled of it's casing within 3 minutes and the HDD can be dismounted from the device within 60 seconds. The whole copying process takes about 15 minutes, but you'll need either a laptop with IDE connection (and external HDD for new maps and some live Ubuntu or something similar on USB dongle) or simple IDE 3.5in to 2.5in converter. Cheers

Comment

Hello,

How to copy RT4 2016-2017 maps directly to the Hitachi HDD with Computer, if I have't other RT4-5 HDD copy. I have only CD's ISO? The CD lens is faulty. HDD successfully connected to the PC.

Comment

Working...
                            X