The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

pcm2.1 dvd navigation 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pcm2.1 dvd navigation 2010

thanks for that, we took information from Pcenter and the result is the fact that his pcm can't go more than 3.0, but now the upgrade 3.0 is done. His last DVD was 2004 (!) so he never had ugrade before, they told him to never put his old 2004 DVD with this firmware. I didn't find MY08 multimedia update disk on @ (would you know where I could find one?), but an ISO of 2007 Nav. In the case of the 2008 is not available on @ , do you think we can use the 2007 dvd nav I found ?
    I thank you very much in advance for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by macgda View Post
      thanks for that, we took information from Pcenter and the result is the fact that his pcm can't go more than 3.0, but now the upgrade 3.0 is done. His last DVD was 2004 (!) so he never had ugrade before, they told him to never put his old 2004 DVD with this firmware. I didn't find MY08 multimedia update disk on @ (would you know where I could find one?), but an ISO of 2007 Nav. In the case of the 2008 is not available on @ , do you think we can use the 2007 dvd nav I found ?
      I thank you very much in advance for your time.
      the multimedia update disc MY08 inluding only with 2008 and 2009 maps

Comment

Dear GPSUNDERGROUND.com!

I am very happy, that I found this site, where everybody help others. I am write from Hungary, and I found 2009. nav in this topic 1. page.
        I have 997, 2005.08. it will work on my PCM, because in my car it not able to play mp3.
        any danger that I try?

thank you, berkar

Comment

Hello berkar, What I can say to you is that if your car is an early 2005 or 2004 , I think you can update your PCM to 3.0 only (B level, without MP3 due to hardware), 2009 doesn't work for one of my friends (according to Porsche it works), I'm gonna try in the next three days an intermediate multimedia update (2005) and the 2007 Map DVD to see how it works, may be 2009/10 multimedia update needs this intermediate update. It seems there is a 2008 multimedia update coming with 2008 map dvd but I didn't find it on @. Please check your PCM 2.1 release by pressing main and trip, you'll be able to see the release of your software, if it's 3.3 it's good news because I did it on my own car (2006) and 2009/10 update succeded.

Comment

Hello berkar, What I can say to you is that if your car is an early 2005 or 2004 , I think you can update your PCM to 3.0 only (B level, without MP3 due to hardware), 2009 doesn't work for one of my friends (according to Porsche it works), I'm gonna try in the next three days an intermediate multimedia update (2005) and the 2007 Map DVD to see how it works, may be 2009/10 multimedia update needs this intermediate update. It seems there is a 2008 multimedia update coming with 2008 map dvd but I didn't find it on @. Please check your PCM 2.1 release by pressing main and trip, you'll be able to see the release of your software, if it's 3.3 it's good news because I did it on my own car (2006) and 2009/10 update succeded.

Dear macgda,
            Thank you for your answer, I am very happy, because the disc is working!!! I have Hungary map now!!!!!!!!!!!
            The first update cd not worked, but second and the nav dvd working...
            Here is the pictures of my nav:
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello
              If I indroduce update CD in the PCM nothing append... I have a 2005 997 S...
              Soif this CD is not reconized how to make the navigation update ? If I introduce CD 2 and DVD nothing append either...
              Who can help ?
              Thank you

Comment

Have you wait enough time ? To really extinguish the PCM, according to my informations you need to wait at less 2 minutes contact off. Then you can insert the cd and put on your PCM, it will boot on the CD. If you don't wait enough, only the screen is off and the pcm is on, so it doesn't boot on the cd... (not sure it's the resolution of your problem but it can).

Comment

The software version is 4.0 on my friend's Cayenne (2006). For this, I need only the DVD map disc? No updates is necessary? I'm affraid to note make an automatically downgrade...
                  Thanks!

L.E. Works perfectly after the upgrade from DVD. I didn't use cd's. Thanks!
                  Last edited by testerics; 20th February 2011, 18:56.

Comment

Hi All,

Downloaded the files and burned the upgrade CD's and the DVD with the maps (infinite thanks for the upload!). Seems to all burn well and no issues with that part of the process. I have a '05 997 (non S) with a Nav level of 00174412/4804 (SW3.3) and it plays MP3's fine. I don't need the CD1 upgrade disk but only CD2 apparently - when booting to this CD, it asks if I want to update the software to which I reply yes. It'll then get to the update screen (long percentage bar) and get to around 20% before simply restarting the navigation system. If I put the new map DVD in, it's unable to read it and eventually just asks for a "Navigation DVD" to be inserted. I've also got a DVD from 2007 that I burned that is also unable to be read. Fortunately, once I put the old (original) 04/2005 DVD in, it works fine. During the update process, it apparently hasn't changed much or my 2005 DVD wouldn't be able to be read at all.

So, the question is, "what's failing here"? From the logical perspective, it's the update (from CD2) that isn't working correctly... I've tried burning on 2 different CD's and neither get's past the 20% mark on the update. Both CD's are CD-R - one was TDK while the other was Verbatim. Should I be using a different CD format (i.e. CD +R?)? Or, does the fact that both CD's stop in the same place point to an error in the image itself? Can I download just the CD2 image from somewhere here to test out this latter theory? Finally (and although I haven't got this far yet), what type of DVD should I use? I'm using DVD -R at the moment but again, I know there are other formats (DVD +R, +RW, -RW, -RAM etc.). It maybe that this is an irrelevant question once I get the update done but thought I'd ask in advance anyway. I know that my Volvo and BMW units are quite particular about their CD's and DVD's and couldn't find anything in the Porsche forum on this during my searches.

Thanks for any pointers/advice,

Gary.

Comment

I've encountered and solved the pb for one of my friends, Your PCM software is ok, but not the nav software (I'm not talking of the map but the nav software), in his case, his Nav software was old (PCM ok like you), and that didn't work for 2010 update (20% then stop). We solved the pb by updating the Nav software with Multimedia update 2005 disk you can find in this forum on a torrent. After this update we inserted 2005 to 2007 map without any pb. We have not tried at this time the 2010 because there is a new nav software in 2008 which seems difficult to find on @.

Comment

I've encountered and solved the pb for one of my friends, Your PCM software is ok, but not the nav software (I'm not talking of the map but the nav software), in his case, his Nav software was old (PCM ok like you), and that didn't work for 2010 update (20% then stop). We solved the pb by updating the Nav software with Multimedia update 2005 disk you can find in this forum on a torrent. After this update we inserted 2005 to 2007 map without any pb. We have not tried at this time the 2010 because there is a new nav software in 2008 which seems difficult to find on @.
                        Thanks for this this Macgda, much appreciated I'm going to search for the multimedia update 2005 disk (I presume it's not the one that comes with the link posted on page 1 of this thread - i.e. with CD1 and CD2 updates as well as the maps?).

Best,

Gary.

Comment

Will this work on My Boxster S 2003 with PCM II as well? I have never updated mine before... Or do I need to take some more steps?

Thx in advance

Comment

If you are confident that your CD system will now all of a sudden read DVD's, by all means go ahead.
                            If not, regard your question as rather silly!
                            All questions should be directed through the forum
                            Private messages will be disregarded

Comment

Hahaha. I didn't know what discs it was. I just got it. My bad! Are there any new CD's around?

Comment

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/pors...-2010-map.html
                                All questions should be directed through the forum
                                Private messages will be disregarded

Comment

Working...
                                X